Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Old 09-07-2014, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Adonis_mp
Still can't decide on a motor. I need an all around cuz my track changes every race, sometimes tight and technical, other times fast with long straight. I've narrowed it down to the Orca TX, Team Powers ACTINIUM and the Trinity D3.5 21.5 Turn ROAR Spec Certified Handbuilt Motor.
If I were going to spend $150+ for a hand built motor, I'd at least get a D4 based motor. Oh and get a high torque rotor too! All three of these motors work very well when geared correctly.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

and i'd be there laughing my butt off when you got beat by a $40 motor (trackstar) or a used motor

but that's just me and I don't understand why people feel the biggest wallet is the only way to win races
Old 09-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by k_bojar
and i'd be there laughing my butt off when you got beat by a $40 motor (trackstar) or a used motor

but that's just me and I don't understand why people feel the biggest wallet is the only way to win races
An amazing motor for the price, but it has some limits in our 12 minute mains in 100 degree Texas heat. down side is waiting 3 to 4 weeks for it to be delivered.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Last USGT race I was in at our local track (couple weeks ago), the guy that won (qualified 2nd) was running a TA05 chassis and an older generation Novak 21.5! He knows how to setup his car and he hits his marks on the track. Always fun watching him race.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I'll be running a Trackstar with an Xtreme Stock this weekend. I'm too cheap to buy anything else for this class and I'm bound and determined to make the combo work on the boiling Texas asphalt.

Some of the local fast guys only buy the best of the best and they consistently win (as in dominantly win). So it's easy to see how convincing it can be to some to have a thick wallet. I'm sure if you gave them a sub-level motor, battery or ESC they'd still kick booty. Until I can buy a "bag o' skill" I'll keep working on my chassis setup and driving. My problem is that I don't get enough trigger time (I haven't raced on-road in what seems like months).
Old 09-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rodarbal
I'll be running a Trackstar with an Xtreme Stock this weekend. I'm too cheap to buy anything else for this class and I'm bound and determined to make the combo work on the boiling Texas asphalt.

Some of the local fast guys only buy the best of the best and they consistently win (as in dominantly win). So it's easy to see how convincing it can be to some to have a thick wallet. I'm sure if you gave them a sub-level motor, battery or ESC they'd still kick booty. Until I can buy a "bag o' skill" I'll keep working on my chassis setup and driving. My problem is that I don't get enough trigger time (I haven't raced on-road in what seems like months).
Bill (Need4Speed) ran the Track Star at the last EOS race and had to switch it out for the main because of the extreme heat. Last race in Austin he was middle fast of 10 with the track Star and finished 2nd. There is real parity in 21.5 motors in USGT here in Texas. Not sure if its the 12 minute mains that is levels the playing field or what. Might not be the same if it were a 5 or 6 minute sprint races.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

+1.

I tell every one that will listen " only spend your money on faster equipment once you can run each lap with in a tenth or two of your previous lap". Once you get consistent then it is worth going a little faster. Until then your just wasting money.

My $.02.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
+1.

I tell every one that will listen " only spend your money on faster equipment once you can run each lap with in a tenth or two of your previous lap". Once you get consistent then it is worth going a little faster. Until then your just wasting money.

My $.02.
I practice what you preach, brotha Joe! Right now my skill set doesn't justify spending on better equipment yet. I'm too inconsistent. Once I'm confident I'm getting the most out of my stuff I'll consider spending more.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
+1.

My $.02.
about the only thing worth spending a ton of money on is a transmitter - I raced for so many years using the 'cheaper' entry-level models and didn't notice a big change in my driving until I updated my transmitter to the M8... the better radios give you a more 'connected' feeling to the car - everything else is driver skill and setup
Old 09-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

about the only thing worth spending a ton of money on is a transmitter - I raced for so many years using the 'cheaper' entry-level models and didn't notice a big change in my driving until I updated my transmitter to the M8... the better radios give you a more 'connected' feeling to the car - everything else is driver skill and setup
You are correct.

My priorities are:

Radio, servo, chassis(find a setup that makes me consistent), body(I try to find a fun to drive body), tires (I run spec 24025 tide), lipo, esc and then motor.

Radio and chassis are the huge ones for me. I must enjoy driving the car. Each chassis has a diff different feel. It doesn't have to be the fastest for me, just the right fit for my driving.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

A good servo defined as one that centers at the same point after a left hand turn or a right hand turn is high on my list of things to spend a little bit more money on.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just like buying stuff. Nothing wrong with having a bunch of stuff, that's why it's a hobby for me. If I lose against a janky car with a cheap motor so be it, I'll be the first to say great job.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by b20btec
I just like buying stuff.
Me too, Soap. Just that most of my stuff is cheap or used.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Me too, Soap. Just that most of my stuff is cheap or used.
I see well if you're interested in preowned I have a bunch of stuff. Racing will most likely but non existence for me next season. I will unload all of my gear after the end of the season for a really good price.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b20btec
I see well if you're interested in preowned I have a bunch of stuff. Racing will most likely but non existence for me next season. I will unload all of my gear after the end of the season for a really good price.
Keep me in the loop, too, Soap! Hate to see you bow out, however.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.