Wiki Posts
Search

Do you know this old RC?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Do you know this old RC?

Hy,

Many years ago I got this car from an uncle, the only information that I remember is that it was possibly from a friend who lived in Japan. Probaly alread was a very old at that time.
I wonder what model is this? Year of manufacture and etc. I intend to restore it and need more information. The servos and RX are Futaba, Frequency 27.145 Mhz, the engine is a PRO J RED. What battery should I use (Voltage)? Can i have a trigger model radio? I have a FS-GT3B Flysky Radio with RX, have also a Futaba Magnum 2PL (AM). Could I adapt by changing the crystals? The following photos of the dinosaur.

Thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails Do you know this old RC?-cima.jpg   Do you know this old RC?-motor.jpg   Do you know this old RC?-lateral.jpg   Do you know this old RC?-assoalho.jpg   Do you know this old RC?-traseira.jpg  

Old 08-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

The rear diff resembles the gear diff model on the FF cars from Kyosho, circa 1980.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:25 AM
Tech Initiate

It would have taken a six cell stick pack (7.2v).
If the Tx you have is a 27MHZ AM set then you can change crystals if it is a 70Mhz set then not.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

sorta looks like an old bolink chassis. but the front says vintage ae.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Absolutely an old Bolink chassis
Old 08-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

It's a Mugen K2-X Cosmic GP/m, from 1985.
http://onceuponatime.sblo.jp/article/47288566.html

You will have to use a 7.2v nimh battery pack as lipos won't fit in the copper battery strap.

If you have a 27mhz transmitter you can use it with the installed radio. If your radio is 72 or 75mhz then you can't use it, you will also have to replace the receiver, but as the Futaba receiver and servos are early ones with G connectors you will either have to replace the plugs on the servos or replace the servos with modern ones as well.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

wow. nice investigative work. mugen. did not know they made cars back then.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello,

Figured out what the name of this car, is a Mugen K2-X Cosmic, manufactured in 1985!
Guided me to exchange the receiver, because the photo's RX only accepts old 27 Mhz radios. Aero Style.
I also be informed that it is supplied with 7.2V battery.
Now the questions are:

- They recommended using batttery Ni-cd, but I believe that even a Ni-Mh works. Maybe a Li-po?

- I have a Futaba 2PL radio receiver with working just right, but the plugs of the servos of Mugen (Old) do not fit into 2PL receiver (Modern), the wiring is the same, three wires with the same colors (White, Black and Red). Could adapt the connection? I want to keep the original servos.

- The motor runs at 7.2v but the servos and receiver 6.0V correct? Just a BEC solve?

- Even heavier, could use a 7.2v battery to the engine and 4 rechargeable batteries for the receiver and servos?

Thanks !!!