Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 01:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

That L/R swap has only been successfully tested in mod in the rear. Swapping the front creates a push. I haven't found it necessary in spec classes yet -- but a bumpy track could change my opinion on that...
Old 08-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
We found this past weekend using 4 screws (2 around the ffg brace, and one at either end ond hole from the end) and no topdeck had very good results on medium grip asphalt. Hopefully Hanulec can post the rest of the setup on the site as well, because the car was the best car I have ever driven on aspahlt ( mod class)

Also for anyone else running asphalt looking for more corner exit/on power grip should try swapping the rear dampers left/right and run asymmetrical damping, this has been a big improvement, and should help over bumps as well
Thanks a lot for the feedback Mike, I'll surely give it a try as soon as I can hit the track again

Also a good thing to know about the damper, fine tuning tip
Old 08-25-2014, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G-rem
Thanks a lot for the feedback Mike, I'll surely give it a try as soon as I can hit the track again

Also a good thing to know about the damper, fine tuning tip
I would classify the damper trick ( reversing l/r dampers and set in asymmetrical mode ) as being more than a fine tuning tip. For mod asphalt setups, , it will be staying on my car for the foreseeable future.

Jake
Old 08-25-2014, 09:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Mod TC setup from August 23 2013 now posted online-
http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/setup-sheets.html

Thanks again to Gee for the dialed setup
Old 08-25-2014, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It's 2014...

-Mike
Old 08-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by grippgoat
It's 2014...

-Mike
Better late than never
Old 08-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
I would classify the damper trick ( reversing l/r dampers and set in asymmetrical mode ) as being more than a fine tuning tip. For mod asphalt setups, , it will be staying on my car for the foreseeable future.

Jake
That's noted Jake
But the swapping works only at the rear, is that correct?

Originally Posted by hanulec
Mod TC setup from August 23 2013 now posted online-
http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/setup-sheets.html

Thanks again to Gee for the dialed setup
Nice!
I have a question: I can see you are using AT31 instead of C31, can you explain us why?

Thanks a lot,
G-rem
Old 08-26-2014, 04:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

That's noted Jake
But the swapping works only at the rear, is that correct?

Nice!
I have a question: I can see you are using AT31 instead of C31, can you explain us why?

Thanks a lot,
G-rem
You can swap in the front too. Try it. We did. The car pushed more.

I ran the at31 as the super fast mod guys do -- and kits are now coming with the at31. I haven't compared the two back to back. With last weekend being my last "home" asphalt race, I wont be attempting to test a small change like that.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok, thanks for the explanations. I didn't know A700Evo kit came with AT31 instead of C31 now...I'm looking forward to test it soon
Old 08-26-2014, 05:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Ok, thanks for the explanations. I didn't know A700Evo kit came with AT31 instead of C31 now...I'm looking forward to test it soon
That is a recent running change. Other changes are the inclusion of P13-4 plastics instead of the P13 "tree".
Old 08-26-2014, 06:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

These are nice changes, I've just upgraded to P13-4 too
Old 08-26-2014, 07:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just a heads up to folks.. Awesomatix USA will be on holiday starting this Wednesday to Tuesday next week. There is a large order in with Oleg for kits, chassis, new front drive shaft components, etc. Once these items are inbound we will post again.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

the Euros are over now and Freddy was in the A-main and Viljami in the B it would be nice if Oleg could post the setup's. Also what do You Oleg thing about the damper swapping? How is the testing with the new suspention going ? It's sad that Mike Gosvig left the team ....
I hope that not more Top drivers will leave the Team because Oleg need's them to bring the car foreward and maybe a W.C. titel one day.

Claude
Old 08-27-2014, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by toroloco
Hi,
the Euros are over now and Freddy was in the A-main and Viljami in the B it would be nice if Oleg could post the setup's. Also what do You Oleg thing about the damper swapping? How is the testing with the new suspention going ? It's sad that Mike Gosvig left the team ....
I hope that not more Top drivers will leave the Team because Oleg need's them to bring the car foreward and maybe a W.C. titel one day.
Claude
During this Euros Freddy and Viljami have tested a completely new suspension prototype with 3D-printed plastic parts and new carbon chassis that Freddy and Viljami have received just few days before the event. So their whole setups can't be used for the regular car. But some features of these setups can be useful for very bumpy tracks ( this Euros track was very bumpy): front kick up and rear anti dive, reverse asymmetric mode for front dampers, the increased ride height, no sway bars.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
During this Euros Freddy and Viljami have tested a completely new suspension prototype with 3D-printed plastic parts and new carbon chassis that Freddy and Viljami have received just few days before the event. So their whole setups can't be used for the regular car. But some features of these setups can be useful for very bumpy tracks ( this Euros track was very bumpy): front kick up and rear anti dive, reverse asymmetric mode for front dampers, the increased ride height, no sway bars.
Thank You Oleg
An other carbon chassis....
I think I will speak for many others... any chance of pictures of these parts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.