Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

http://www.liverc.com/news/new_produ...cone_diff_oil/
Old 08-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default rtr f/s

Serpent cobra GT RTR for sale the motor was broken in on the car. The car was raced for 2 qualifiers and that's it.

It will come with the stock dragon racing metal gear servos only. The car will not include the Futaba servos pictured. You will have to reinstall the stock servos into the radio tray. The stock motor radio tires and body are included the tires have wear from the breakin and the body has a few scuffs from the 2 qualifiers it was raced. The car is in great shape.

$450 plus shipping

Last edited by nitrodash; 09-20-2017 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Sold
Old 08-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default What Motor

Hi im building a cobra GT and will like to get some engine advise.
some told me to ge rally engine other vison i just dont know what to get
Old 08-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default just joined the Team

I just ordered my RTR GT and will pick it up on Monday. After reading this thread I ordered the back plate to remove the pullstart. Has anyone found the engine mount part number in order to use a bump box?
Old 08-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

If anyone have a RTR rear body mount they can sell, PM me.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Brendan K
Best all around motor for the GT in my opinion and many others is the Novarossi ISON GT. The motor is made specifically for the GT chassis and is designed to meet all of ROARs rules for the class. The ISON GT has great bottom end and has good top end as well.

ISON info-http://www.novarossi.it/2012/index.p...1gt-tuned.html
Where to buy http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...&cat=82&page=1

What kind of track are you running on? What is your goal power wise? I have a few other favorites ones for short tracks and ones for long tracks. Give me a little more info and we can figure out what is best for you.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by astgerma52sp
I just ordered my RTR GT and will pick it up on Monday. After reading this thread I ordered the back plate to remove the pullstart. Has anyone found the engine mount part number in order to use a bump box?
So the funny part about all this is there are two shims on the RTR motor mounts that raise it up. All you need to do is take the shims out and install the back plate. Once you have it in the car verify mesh and hit the track.

I do not have the RTR myself but this is what we are doing on a few of the local guys cars.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Default ok

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
So the funny part about all this is there are two shims on the RTR motor mounts that raise it up. All you need to do is take the shims out and install the back plate. Once you have it in the car verify mesh and hit the track.

I do not have the RTR myself but this is what we are doing on a few of the local guys cars.
Thanks for the quick response. I have read through this thread and you're a lifesaver on this thread. That is great news, Saves me some money on a new motor mount. Just curious, why do they elevate the RTR motor on shims?
Old 08-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by astgerma52sp
Thanks for the quick response. I have read through this thread and you're a lifesaver on this thread. That is great news, Saves me some money on a new motor mount. Just curious, why do they elevate the RTR motor on shims?
Thanks for the kind words, I simply want you to have as much fun with this car as I do As far as why they raise it up I'm not 100% sure to be honest; has to be clearance or something like that. There are a few RTRs running here I can look closer at them and see if I can figure it out. Let me or any of the Team guys know if you have any questions on the car, we all love it. There is a healthy population of Serpent drivers that are here to help out as well.

Enjoy you new RTR and I hope to see you at a Race someday.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Brendan K
Maxys Cinco or Siete are perfect. I have a Maxys Cinco on my serpent and is great and its made by novarossi.

http://www.maxysfuel.com/searchresults.asp?cat=1816
Old 08-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Default Novarossi RTR engine backplate

For those of you with the RTR GT, do not purchase the backplate part #NOV13025. It is not a direct fit and you will needed to personally modify it or have it done at a machine shop.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Terriblefly, i need some advice on with engine use on my track

I consider a Short Track. the principal straight has around 50m (160foot) and the secondary around 25m (83foot)

anyone can help me to choose a proper engine for that track?

I can't post videos or Pictures yet. but if you search on youtube: "Semi-Final (A) Brasileiro de Rally GT 2012 - Natal Jiqui Clube" it was a national (Brazillian Event on our Track)

Bonito?
Flash Rally?
Roma?
ISON Gt?

What Gearing should i start playing?
Old 08-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ison is always a good bet with stock gearing.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I concur with the Ison being a great choice for a short track. The reason they raise the engine mounts on the RTR is to provide clearance for the pull starter. Without it , you can lower the engine and use a box.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.