Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

New LRP Flow Esc

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 03:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by retro_ryan
I think it might still be accelerating,hard to tell tbh. Seems ok in the infield. Do you have any suggestions on setting, or whether to gear down or increase settings?
I do run a exzes z and 472 rec so should be able to log rpm if i can work out how to do it!
I would start by gearing down a little.
Go to 30 - 31mm and see how the car feel.
On my car I run a very low roll out and it feels great.
Settings on mine is 0.5.2.5.8.5.0
Nice and punchy on infield and good top end
Old 05-03-2014, 04:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

I started the gearing at 6.5 fdr/30.93 rollout and it was similar if not a little slower,i then kept lowering the fdr to see if it would improve and it's a touch faster but still not right.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by retro_ryan
I started the gearing at 6.5 fdr/30.93 rollout and it was similar if not a little slower,i then kept lowering the fdr to see if it would improve and it's a touch faster but still not right.
Just remember if you lower your roll out you must increase boost and angle.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok ,seems like i need to up the boost timing and ramp angle and raise the gearing back to fdr 6.5. thanks.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default LRP????!!!!! Please HELP!

can someone please explain the relation of high boost setting with boost angle? like how does it works in you have a high boost setting with a low boost angle or a low boost and high angle?? Mabe a graph showing optimum boost setting to angle or how it works!!! LRP????!!!!! Please HELP!
Old 05-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trutledge83
can someone please explain the relation of high boost setting with boost angle? like how does it works in you have a high boost setting with a low boost angle or a low boost and high angle?? Mabe a graph showing optimum boost setting to angle or how it works!!! LRP????!!!!! Please HELP!
The short way to think of it is the amount of boost is some amount of power, and the angle is the delivery. Bigger angle is more abrupt, more aggressive. Smaller angle is smoother. There's no way to really tell what is optimum, you just have to play with it and see what feels good to you. FWIW running mod, I like the default settings on the 4.7 software
Old 05-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

what is the better choice esc the lrp flow speed or passion reventon Pro 1.1 or much more pro fléta
Old 05-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter.
what is the better choice esc the lrp flow speed or passion reventon Pro 1.1 or much more pro fléta
You're asking in an LRP thread... but the Flow is a great ESC, lots of people are very happy with them.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default LRP Flow Works causing cogging with other motors?

Hi guys,
Hoping someone can help.

I have an LRP Flow Works ESC in my TC and whichever motor it's combined with, when under throttle or coasting, it can randomly "cough/stutter" for a brief second. I simply cannot pinpoint the issue. Anyone else experienced this before?

An experience guy from my local club reckons it is a known issue LRP ESCs don't work well with other brands of motors. I find this hard to believe as I don't believe I'm the only one running a mixed branded combo.

My set up.
Transmitter: Spektrum DX3S
Receiver: SR301T
ESC: LRP Flow Works (ver. ??)
Motors: 13.5t Tekin Redline Gen2; 17.5T Thunder Power, 21.5T Reedy Mach2. (All very new motors)
Gearing: 36/70 (for a 21.5T)

Notes:
I've checked the sensor wire and replaced with new ones just in case.
Timing on each motor is nothing crazy, usually around 30deg.
ESC setting in blinky mode.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

I've run LRP and flow with different motors
No issues

Make sure sensor wire is pressed all the way into the esc, other than that, not sure what to add here
Old 05-09-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stray monkey
Hi guys,
Hoping someone can help.

I have an LRP Flow Works ESC in my TC and whichever motor it's combined with, when under throttle or coasting, it can randomly "cough/stutter" for a brief second. I simply cannot pinpoint the issue. Anyone else experienced this before?
Hey man, downloaded the newest modified software for my Dad this afternoon and after setting it up came across the same issue. It'd only do it after touching the throttle, when the radio was off it seemed to remain stationary. Anyway, firstly I'd make sure you've done your throttle-neutral positioning on the ESC. Simple routine initiated through holding down the 'set' button on the speedy. I'm sure you'd know. If this still fails, set neutral position whilst holding down the throttle a tiny bit, so there's no direct split point which may be causing it to stutter now. At least with this method it's tricked into being slightly on the breaks instead. May or may not work, just something that I found was a solution.

Also a quick question, I've noticed with the new firmware that there's no Li-Po safe/cutoff configuration? Is this automatically set to default (3.2v). Haven't done alot of reading, may have been mentioned here before or in the manual. Apologies if that's the case.

Cheers,
Bill.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stray monkey
Hi guys,
Hoping someone can help.

An experience guy from my local club reckons it is a known issue LRP ESCs don't work well with other brands of motors. I find this hard to believe as I don't believe I'm the only one running a mixed branded combo.

My set up.
Transmitter: Spektrum DX3S
Receiver: SR301T
ESC: LRP Flow Works (ver. ??)
Motors: 13.5t Tekin Redline Gen2; 17.5T Thunder Power, 21.5T Reedy Mach2. (All very new motors)
Gearing: 36/70 (for a 21.5T)

Notes:
I've checked the sensor wire and replaced with new ones just in case.
Timing on each motor is nothing crazy, usually around 30deg.
ESC setting in blinky mode.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
try less timing.
i have an R1 Works motor (17.5) w/ a ton of timing in it. it cogs off the line -- but that is the only time. if i back off the timing the cogging appears to go away.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:13 AM
reg
Tech Adept

Hi,I'm sorry to have to ask in this thread,but after going through thread I can't find the info,
What's the best update,if any as it's not listed,to run on the sxx update board kit for 13.5 boosted,
Kind regards
Mark
Old 05-09-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yeah, I've checked the sensor cable multiple times (including in fully depressed into the socket). That wasn't the problem.

Only thing I can't do right now is figure out what firmware it's running as I don't have access to a USB bridge. Will the latest fix this problem? Or recommend a version to use for blinky/stock 13.5 to 21.5T class?

Will try with less timing tomorrow and see how we go. Hanulec, what timing are you running with the LRP that doesn't cause this cogging issue?

Could it be a receiver/transmitter compatibility problem as well? Interested to hear if anyone else out there running a similar set up to me.

If I can't solve this problem, I've got a fairly new LRP Flow Works ESC for sale or trade!

Bit disappointed after hearing its reputation as one of the best speedies on the market.

E
Old 05-10-2014, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I've only just got a flow a flow works as well.

Futaba receiver here, 13.5T and 30deg. I had some issues at first with the sensor cable not being in far enough - I was convinced it was, but a push with some needle nose tweezers fixed it up (and some new double sided tape!)

I haven't updated the firmware yet, but will soon as I've got a USB bridge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.