Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 01:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by JRX-S Bill
I use the AE graphite hexes. Far cheaper and lighter than those aluminum ones.

They also make a plastic set...So, there are three different versions available.
I have to agree with JRX-S Bill, I have the AE graphite ones on my car also.
I'm not sure if the blue ones are the same width.
If any ones knows, please tell me.
I have been wanting to know that myself.

Tracy
Old 01-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I have the blue ones coming. So I'll let you know.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:21 PM
KSI
Tech Adept

hey,
Im looking into getting into onroad for the first time mostly for bashing around and stuff. And Im looking into getting XXX-S because I really like the engineering and it would work well for a college project I have. But should I bother getting the graphite version? Im not racing just bashing around and stuff is it worth the extra money? Also I heard the black belt is a big upgrade. What are some others and what parts are mostly likely to break?
Old 01-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Hey you xxxs guys
I have a G+ and when i turn a sharp corner the kncukle are or something is binding and it rattles really loud. I think it slows me down a little and it is very annoying. If I turn my EPA down then it pushes cause I dont got enough steering. Anybody else have this problem?
The quicker the response the better
Old 01-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by KSI
hey,
Im looking into getting into onroad for the first time mostly for bashing around and stuff. And Im looking into getting XXX-S because I really like the engineering and it would work well for a college project I have. But should I bother getting the graphite version? Im not racing just bashing around and stuff is it worth the extra money? Also I heard the black belt is a big upgrade. What are some others and what parts are mostly likely to break?
If you're just bashing get the standard kit. The only benefit of graphit is how much lighter it is but it also more brittle and breaks EASIER! Other than that you don't even need the black belt for bashing it just frees up the drivetrain a little. The car is solid and can handle some abuse fairly well!
Old 01-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by karter
Hey you xxxs guys
I have a G+ and when i turn a sharp corner the kncukle are or something is binding and it rattles really loud. I think it slows me down a little and it is very annoying. If I turn my EPA down then it pushes cause I dont got enough steering. Anybody else have this problem?
The quicker the response the better
Your CVDs are binding from excessive cvd angles. You need to glue a washer to the spindle to limit the amount the spindles can crank. Then make some setup changes to get the car to have a little more steering.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by KSI
hey,
There are and will be plenty of good used graphite XXX-S cars on eBay. The Losi dedicated that are serious about racing should be upgrading soon...including me. Most will already have the black belt and other upgrades.

Put the BRP wide front bumper on the car and you shouldn't have to worry much about breaking things.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by James Nguyen
Your CVDs are binding from excessive cvd angles. You need to glue a washer to the spindle to limit the amount the spindles can crank. Then make some setup changes to get the car to have a little more steering.
Hey catch me on AIM sometime. I am JHAKARTER I dont fully understand what you are saying quite yet. Would more compund up front give me some more steering? Thanks and hit me up on AIM so I can do this
Josh
Old 01-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

Default Spool setup?

hi,

Could somebody please post me a good base setup for running a spool on carpet with rubber tyres.

Or at least what i should be doing to make my car handle well with a spool.

Just something to get me started as ive never ran with a spool before

Grip is medium and the track is medium technical.

thanks
Old 01-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Default My new xxx-s RTR II

Well heres my new team losi xxx-s rtr II.

I bought another xxx-s, for the fact that I really liked the last one I had and also that it is a ez car to tune. I am by no means a hardcore racer and will probably only race this car 5-6 times a year.

I have started ordering parts and am just waiting for them to show up.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:11 AM
KSI
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info, and ya there are a lot of cars on ebay im waiting for some auctions today. I bid a two different cars thinking I would probably win one of them. But I think that is a mistake cause I think I might end up buying two oh well just have to sell one.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This may have been brought up in a previous post, but does anyone know who (on-line supplier) has the best price on a one-way? And is there one available from a source other than Losi? Thanks. Don

wicked...nice looking car!
Old 01-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by DFroyd
This may have been brought up in a previous post, but does anyone know who (on-line supplier) has the best price on a one-way? And is there one available from a source other than Losi? Thanks. Don

wicked...nice looking car!
I have seen new one-ways on eBay ocassionally.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

DFroyd, thanks mann.

Hopefully some of my upgrades start showing up this week so I can get working on it.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default online one way

Try Stormer http://www.stormerhobbies.com/ they are usually pretty good on price but shipping can sometimes be a little high.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.