Like Tree7Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Old 03-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is it possible to attach the "battery holder" with body clips from the TCX onto the TCXX chassis? I really like the battery holder from the TCX. I hate using strapping tape... I've run out of these before and I hate to be a mooch to my pit neighbors.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default HB 75188 Universal Rebuild Kit

HELP! I backordered (a while back) the HB 75188 universal rebuild kit and have been anxiously waiting for it thru backorder. Although Tower Hobbies stated that this was due to come in mid-March, now when I checked the website for my backorder status, it is showing as discontinued! So I backordered and waited for nothing!

Are there any other parts out there that I can use that would fit in place of the 75188?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys I would like to get into doing touring rc cars but like to know what it a good kit for the money The TCXX or the Sakura Zero
Old 03-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Need4SomeSpeed
Hey guys I would like to get into doing touring rc cars but like to know what it a good kit for the money The TCXX or the Sakura Zero
you're almost talking apples vs oranges. the TCXX is the top-of-the-line touring car and the Sakura Zero is a base model entry level (but not incompetent) model.

That being said, they both had pretty much the same configurations, but the tcxx has carbon fiber chassis where the Zero has FRP chassis...the TCXX uses aluminum for its bulkheads and suspension blocks; while the Zero uses plastic

the TCXX has a $500 price tag, while the Zero has about $125

both will give a newbie the frustration and thrills...the Zero is probably better suited for a new person to on-road since the plastic parts are more durable then the more rigid parts on the TCXX..

the better chassis you should be comparing (IMO) is the Spec-R S1 vs the Sakura XI Sport (since I believe the zero is discontinued)..these are both entry-level, but quite capable chassis, at a fraction of the price of a new TCXX

unless you're scoring a major deal on a used chassis
Old 03-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys,

here are setup sheets from two race events. One is from TITC 2014 and the other one is from ETS Rd-3 Gran Canaria.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.

Hiro Kasuya
HB/hpi
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TCXX_TITC 2014.pdf (441.1 KB, 230 views)
Old 03-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default tcxx updates

Anybody knows when the updates are coming in for the TCXX? such as lower shock towers, floating servo mounts, short shocks, updated chassis etc?
Old 03-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Hi guys,

here are setup sheets from two race events. One is from TITC 2014 and the other one is from ETS Rd-3 Gran Canaria.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.

Hiro Kasuya
HB/hpi
Purpose of running the Pro4 arms? I assume they were the standard arms and not the softer hi-traction ones.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SuperFastSnail
Anybody knows when the updates are coming in for the TCXX? such as lower shock towers, floating servo mounts, short shocks, updated chassis etc?
Back in the good old days, the HPI website (which started out as a personal website by an enthusiast that HPI eventually hired) was arguably the best website known to the RC industry. This was during the time I got my RS4 Pro - a TC car was ahead of it's time back then.

Now, it seems that even since Atsushi jumped ship (for whatever reason), it just seems like we are let down or don't have as much visibility anymore. The HPI website, although still good, just seems to have too many bad links. I can see why a lot of "younger" people seem to be jumping onto Xray and Durango. Although their websites seem simple, the information in them is very well presented and, most importantly, well maintained. The Xray seems like it's updated every 2 weeks or so (I know it's probably not, but it just seems that way).

So the reason why I'm bringing this up is that it seems so hard to get any new information on updates such as what's posted above that I'm likely to jump ship and go to Durango or Xray. Seems like I'm starting to feel the parts shortage situation now also. Durango's or Xrays websites seem so well done with all the information AND SUPPORT you need are all right there. For all other brands (even Tamiya with all their money) seems like you're always digging.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Purpose of running the Pro4 arms? I assume they were the standard arms and not the softer hi-traction ones.
We used pro4 arms because it seemed like they produced more overall traction. The Huge R/C where the TITC was held this year was some sort of high bite, but we still used those arms as they helped for the bumpiness.

Yes, they are the stadard one, not the softer one.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Hiro or anyone

can this part - http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...nt-Stay-Purple - the TCXX motor mount stay, work the TCX Motor mount? or does it need to be used with the TCXX mount only?
Old 03-12-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Hiro or anyone

can this part - http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...nt-Stay-Purple - the TCXX motor mount stay, work the TCX Motor mount? or does it need to be used with the TCXX mount only?
I'm pretty sure you can use the part with TCX motor mount. I will test fit it just to make sure later today.

Thanks,
Old 03-12-2014, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hiro or anyone

Yes. I have it in my car that way. Works fine.

Art
Old 03-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Advil
Yes. I have it in my car that way. Works fine.

Art
sorry for asking dumb question

but on a tcxx chassis, with the tcx motor mount??
Old 03-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

sorry for asking dumb question

but on a tcxx chassis, with the tcx motor mount??
Moves the motor inboard approx 2mm. I also raised the motor mount with a 1mm shim. You will have to raise the layshaft mount the same amount. then shim up the topdeck 1mm.

In high traction, I have found this setup to make the car turn mid corner very well.

Art
Old 03-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Advil
Moves the motor inboard approx 2mm. I also raised the motor mount with a 1mm shim. You will have to raise the layshaft mount the same amount. then shim up the topdeck 1mm.

In high traction, I have found this setup to make the car turn mid corner very well.

Art
thanks, art

one more silly question

I've notice that the TCXX uses a 1.5FF mount and a 1.0FR mount.. I've been running 1.5FF/0FR on my TCX...what will changing the FR to 1.0 get me?

or I guess better question, will swapping chassis (tcx to tcxx chassis) cause me any issues if I keep the same block setup?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.