Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Ofna force .32 engine + kyosho gt2 roller chassis=? >

Ofna force .32 engine + kyosho gt2 roller chassis=?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna force .32 engine + kyosho gt2 roller chassis=?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 04:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Ofna force .32 engine + kyosho gt2 roller chassis=?

Hey guys,
I have been an avid offroader with buggies and truggies, now my friends want me drag racing so I'm trying to throw something together. I have a Kyosho GT2 roller chassis, and I have access to either an LRP .28, or either a ofna force .28 and a ofna force .32 . I haven't ever tried Ofnas Force .32 but I know the .28 is a pretty dag gone strong engine. What is everyone's thoughts on this roller I'm putting together? I haven't really had a 2 speed before, so picking the right motor is exactly what I need.
Thanks for the help guys!
Old 03-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by csrozier
Hey guys,
I have been an avid offroader with buggies and truggies, now my friends want me drag racing so I'm trying to throw something together. I have a Kyosho GT2 roller chassis, and I have access to either an LRP .28, or either a ofna force .28 and a ofna force .32 . I haven't ever tried Ofnas Force .32 but I know the .28 is a pretty dag gone strong engine. What is everyone's thoughts on this roller I'm putting together? I haven't really had a 2 speed before, so picking the right motor is exactly what I need.
Thanks for the help guys!
For drag racing I think the Force .28 is better than the .32. (more rpm)
The .32 has a lot of torque but does not like high rpm
Old 03-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think you'll have more luck with the LRP .28
Old 03-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by xrayracer1
I think you'll have more luck with the LRP .28
Man y'all both make great points! But I have an UPDATE!
Like a year and a half ago when the Kyosho Inferno GT2 Race Spec came out, I bought one brand new. I didn't keep it long and ended up selling it for an awesome amount of money. Well today when I went to the hobby shop I randomly ran into the guy who bought the car - turns out he drove it right after I left and I warned him it was fast (I had a LRP 28 on it actually) but you can't tell someone not to do something because you know. there going to do it. Anyways, I left and he cranked the car, drove it about 30 minutes steadily getting a bit more brave and more, steadily pushing that envelope. He ran the car into the tire of a freakin MINIVAN. So damage was it ripped the front right tire off and broke a couple of those plastic pieces as well as twisted the front dog bone. So today he told me this and said "I got the parts, I just haven't fixed it, you ever think you may wanna buy it back?" I obviously said F#@K yea! and gave him 120 for the chassis without the LRP, and the Aston Martin Vanquish licensed body (I told him I would kill him if he scratched that thing when I sold it, got it back and it was golden! haha). It was a great day. I sold the Force motors and now have 2 LRP motors, both 28s, so I guess that's going to have to go on till I can find a Nova. That's what I really want bad.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by csrozier
Man y'all both make great points! But I have an UPDATE!
Like a year and a half ago when the Kyosho Inferno GT2 Race Spec came out, I bought one brand new. I didn't keep it long and ended up selling it for an awesome amount of money. Well today when I went to the hobby shop I randomly ran into the guy who bought the car - turns out he drove it right after I left and I warned him it was fast (I had a LRP 28 on it actually) but you can't tell someone not to do something because you know. there going to do it. Anyways, I left and he cranked the car, drove it about 30 minutes steadily getting a bit more brave and more, steadily pushing that envelope. He ran the car into the tire of a freakin MINIVAN. So damage was it ripped the front right tire off and broke a couple of those plastic pieces as well as twisted the front dog bone. So today he told me this and said "I got the parts, I just haven't fixed it, you ever think you may wanna buy it back?" I obviously said F#@K yea! and gave him 120 for the chassis without the LRP, and the Aston Martin Vanquish licensed body (I told him I would kill him if he scratched that thing when I sold it, got it back and it was golden! haha). It was a great day. I sold the Force motors and now have 2 LRP motors, both 28s, so I guess that's going to have to go on till I can find a Nova. That's what I really want bad.
Nova engines are awesome. You could always sell your LRP .28's and put the money towards that Novarossi.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Initiate

The more I read and just hear the name novarossi the more I feel like I just got to go out and get it. I have the money to get one in the upper 200s to 300 maybe mid 300s for a motor..need to pick a good one for my inferno though with 2 gears..