Search
Like Tree7Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
A-Main has HBS68824 Hot Bodies +2mm Steering Arm Set -in stock-

This is the rack that comes with the TCXX.
here a pix of my steering rack that the bearing came out first were the +2arms have only ran the car under 10 x
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies TCXX-image.jpg  
Old 01-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
here a pix of my steering rack that the bearing came out first were the +2arms have only ran the car under 10 x
looks like something I would call the factory for a replacement for. If not I think I have an extra one PM me if interested.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chrisgt2
The tamiya dcj's I'm using are rebuildable. There are clips that hold the pins in.

In looking at my hb shafts in the other car, it appears they are Not rebuildable like I was told. I really never looked at them closely.

So, I would purchase more tamiya shafts or the rsd shafts from reflex racing.
Wow! Pics and part numbers please...
Old 01-02-2014, 05:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Here's a link to them at speedtech hobbies, but many places have them. You can also contact reflex racing for their version

http://www.speedtechhobbies.com/inde...roduct_id=1743
Old 01-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
Ah... I see now. So the arms are good and you just need the rack?

I've only seen that part available as part of the entire steering assembly for the TCX. (#68735) I haven't seen it listed as a separate part for the TCXX or TCX! I would contact HPI directly to see about getting a replacement sent to you.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a bad crash today, breaking my steering spindle, caster block, etc.
I only have spare old 6 degree caster blocks so I just replace with that and continued running.

And I feel my car is easier to drive and handling more consistent with 6 degree caster.

So should I just stick to the 6 degree caster or change back to the 4 degree and play with other settings to make my car more consistent?

Reason I ask is because I think no one runs 6 degree caster.

Please advise, many thanks.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nipple
I only have spare old 6 degree caster blocks so I just replace with that and continued running.

And I feel my car is easier to drive and handling more consistent with 6 degree caster.

So should I just stick to the 6 degree caster or change back to the 4 degree and play with other settings to make my car more consistent?

Run what you are most comfortable with and prefer :-). I have often used 6 degree caster blocks in high traction conditions on open tracks as i preferred the smoother initial turn in then more mid corner steering. If you want to post your setup and some info on the track you race at I will happily try and provide an alternative change to try so you can run 4 degree caster blocks

Stefan C
Old 01-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stefan-Hpi Uk
Run what you are most comfortable with and prefer :-). I have often used 6 degree caster blocks in high traction conditions on open tracks as i preferred the smoother initial turn in then more mid corner steering. If you want to post your setup and some info on the track you race at I will happily try and provide an alternative change to try so you can run 4 degree caster blocks

Stefan C
Hi Stefan, "smoother initial turn in then more mid corner steering" is what I mean by my car is handling more consistently.
Before I changed to the 6 degree caster I have a little too much initial and lack of mid corner steering.

I think I will stick to the 6 degree caster for now.

Sorry, one more question.
Does increasing the from arm sweep, eg. from FF: 1.5 / FR: 1.0 to FF: 2.5 / FR: 1.0, increases the initial and mid corner steering or mid and exit or just mid?

Many thanks!
Old 01-05-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Stefan, "smoother initial turn in then more mid corner steering" is what I mean by my car is handling more consistently.
Before I changed to the 6 degree caster I have a little too much initial and lack of mid corner steering.

I think I will stick to the 6 degree caster for now.

Sorry, one more question.
Does increasing the from arm sweep, eg. from FF: 1.5 / FR: 1.0 to FF: 2.5 / FR: 1.0, increases the initial and mid corner steering or mid and exit or just mid?

Many thanks!

In my experience it increases initial steering the most and gives the steering a general aggressive feeling into the corner. On high bite tracks more arm sweep can cause greater chances to traction roll. But to be honest it isn't something I change much at all i pretty much run 1.0FR and 1.5FF everywhere
Old 01-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stefan-Hpi Uk
In my experience it increases initial steering the most and gives the steering a general aggressive feeling into the corner. On high bite tracks more arm sweep can cause greater chances to traction roll. But to be honest it isn't something I change much at all i pretty much run 1.0FR and 1.5FF everywhere
I found just the opposite. More sweep calmed the car on entry and gave more turn mid and off corner. I recently went to 2.5FF/1.0FR on a tight carpet track full of 180's and it helped rotation a bunch and made the car easier to drive more aggressively.

That being said. Each situation is unique. Track, driver and setup all play major roles. It's odd what ends up working on raceday sometimes.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

It's 2014 now. I'm sure I'm not the only racer wondering about any new developments for the TCXX. Possible new layshaft and motor mounts, upper deck, shocks, towers, etc. Maybe a Yokomo-ish performance pack?

Any news on upcoming releases?
Old 01-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Nipple,

6deg caster blocks are pretty much our default setup on asphalt unless the layout is super technical or small/tight. They work great!! However, keep it in your mind that more caster degree causes more chance of traction rolling when the grip is high.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Hi Nipple,

6deg caster blocks are pretty much our default setup on asphalt unless the layout is super technical or small/tight.
care to PM me an asphalt setup with 6 deg caster. I like try!
Old 01-07-2014, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Hi Nipple,

6deg caster blocks are pretty much our default setup on asphalt unless the layout is super technical or small/tight. They work great!! However, keep it in your mind that more caster degree causes more chance of traction rolling when the grip is high.
What FF and FR blocks do you use for a medium traction and size track?
Old 01-07-2014, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
I found just the opposite. More sweep calmed the car on entry and gave more turn mid and off corner. I recently went to 2.5FF/1.0FR on a tight carpet track full of 180's and it helped rotation a bunch and made the car easier to drive more aggressively.

That being said. Each situation is unique. Track, driver and setup all play major roles. It's odd what ends up working on raceday sometimes.
I find it has more initial, but I read it gives more mid and exit too.
Maybe it simply gives more steering?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.