Old 11-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

well, not knowing is worse. For all we know it will be q2 2014
Old 11-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skengines
This is the exact reason why they don't want to throw dates around. Causes so much controversy and then bad things are said.

I will still be getting this car. Worth the wait and the new TLR buggy doesn't look too impressive to me.
+1
Old 11-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't know. It seems that this is the reason there should be a date (or narrow timeframe) or no announcement until there is a date.

Everyone was very civil when we had a timeframe and even when the delay was announced, people were disappointed but no controversy. It seems now that we have no timeframe at all or an update, now is the time that people are ready to jump ship and starting to get restless.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kdeleon
I don't know. It seems that this is the reason there should be a date (or narrow timeframe) or no announcement until there is a date.

Everyone was very civil when we had a timeframe and even when the delay was announced, people were disappointed but no controversy. It seems now that we have no timeframe at all or an update, now is the time that people are ready to jump ship and starting to get restless.
I agree,

I'm not interested in controversy, I'm interested in some kind of release timeframe, we were told it had been pushed out from November, I'd like to know how far out, like others I have a race season to plan, I really want this car, and I'm happy to wait some time for it, but not forever!
I try not to buy a car straight away from realese, I like to see how they go on outdoor loose tracks first, I never used to do this until the sc104x4, what a waste of my hard earned cash that was, had to give it away just to see the back of it
I know nothing of HB cars, there not big in my part of the world at all, have heard about poor parts support etc in the past, but I have never relied on local part support for any cars anyway so not worried about that so much.

We have not heard from anybody who appears to know anything about this car for some time, there must be some info due out soon.

Does anybody know if any testing has been done on loose outdoor tracks?
Old 11-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RossNZ
I'm not interested in controversy, I'm interested in some kind of release timeframe, we were told it had been pushed out from November, I'd like to know how far out, like others I have a race season to plan, I really want this car, and I'm happy to wait some time for it, but not forever!
I'm sure that the HB crew would like a date as well. From my experience in overseas orders, there is often a time where the order is just in some sort of limbo with no date. Even if there is an expected date, it can get changed at will by US Customs.

I try not to buy a car straight away from realese, I like to see how they go on outdoor loose tracks first, I never used to do this until the sc104x4, what a waste of my hard earned cash that was, had to give it away just to see the back of it
If you don't buy anything immediately after release, then this delay should be less of an issue for you.

We have not heard from anybody who appears to know anything about this car for some time, there must be some info due out soon.
That's sounds like quite a demand from someone that has yet to spend any money on this car, and possibly won't.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ufoDziner
I'm sure that the HB crew would like a date as well. From my experience in overseas orders, there is often a time where the order is just in some sort of limbo with no date. Even if there is an expected date, it can get changed at will by US Customs.

How do you build a car and have no idea on a realese date? Do they take no part in the building process of there product?

If you don't buy anything immediately after release, then this delay should be less of an issue for you.

If you think about it, it will take longer.

That's sounds like quite a demand from someone that has yet to spend any money on this car, and possibly won't.
How is my statement in any way demanding? I'm simply asking for any info so I can buy the car.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default HB D413

Why the HPI racing Tean don't ask the day release the D413
Old 11-18-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ufoDziner

Agreed.

Exact reason why a lot of companies use Quarter of the year for a time frame of release. Saying November and then not coming through leaves a bad taste in the mouth of many consumers especially when nearing Christmas.

I'm sure by Q1 of next year the car should be hitting the shelves.

For those of you that can't wait, there is always the DEX410v2 and the new TLR buggy coming out soon.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

this happens everytime a new car is to be released, people get crazy and want it now, and if they cant have it they jump shit buy something they regret later and eventually come back and pick one up anyhow, so just wait for it, it will come.
as far as hotbodies products...... their cars are well designed, tuff as nails and handle to boot. Ive been running the OLD cyclone D4 4mod for the last year along with 2 other partners in crime ( YZ) and honestly they keep up and run with anything new on the market to date. B44.2 junk, xray junk! had them both and drive train issues like crazy, broken parts towers, diffs, arms ect.. for a 10 year old car to drive like it does i CAN wait for the new D413 because i know its going to be a winner!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm running kyosho now and if you breathe on it hard it breaks. Who would even wan to buy a losi looks extremely hard to work on with all those belts. Im waiting regardless the design of this buggy is above anyone else's buggy at this point.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stuntryda
this happens everytime a new car is to be released, people get crazy and want it now, and if they cant have it they jump shit buy something they regret later and eventually come back and pick one up anyhow, so just wait for it, it will come.
Yep, what I said a few weeks ago.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Durability and parts support are huge for me. Tower seems to carry a LOT of HB products and their parts, so that is good. At the worlds, the HB Wheeler seemed very durable. Plus the Center diff is a nice touch. So, I can wait, but was hoping to add it to my xmas list. My wife is struggling to find something I want, lol.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Durability and parts support are huge for me. Tower seems to carry a LOT of HB products and their parts, so that is good. At the worlds, the HB Wheeler seemed very durable. Plus the Center diff is a nice touch. So, I can wait, but was hoping to add it to my xmas list. My wife is struggling to find something I want, lol.

Ok you guys are making good points, its also a bonus that tower carry the brand with there coupons, nice to see this thread alive again.
I'll wait.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have been watching the 1/10 4wd buggy market for years and this buggy seems to look great but how will it hold up in the hands of a normal racer that has a tendency to crash or hit stuff....
Well lets get it out and some built that will tell us !
Old 11-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Looking at the hits it took at the worlds, it should be able to handle some abuse!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.