Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Casper - did you run with the 2 hole pistons or the stock pistons? What weight oils were you at?

Looks like the kit comes with Orange Rear and Blue Front springs?

Is it just the pics or did you guys change the color of the anodization of the chassis and torque rods?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07

The battery tray is setup to accomodate ROAR 2s sizing and then a little wiggle room. The thumb screws go onto 5/40 threads so you could always put longer ones in and run a taller pack.
Height I can deal with with longer screws, like you said.

I need to know what is the max lenght and width the 'tray' will accomodate. I see that each side of the battery tray has 3 holes to adjust for various lenghts. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myl3s91
wow, Lol this is supposed to be to help people!! and talk about the new truck, their are many posts that have not been anwsered and just get buried in people bashing eachother! If you have done every upgrade to your truck minus the new chassis layout, THEN it makes sense to do upgrade. I myself just finished all the upgrades then installed an MIP kit. I love it and I still look at the MIP kit as an optional kit/upgrade for the 2.0.. Pretty similar to the new layout of the TLR truck. But yet you still get the aluminum mounting hardware, bipass system, different towers, springs. It is a new/different truck with that kit installed. I personally might buy the individual parts to try the new chassis.. I WISH I could ask something and get some input instead of watching everyone fight... and wasting time reading it! lol

Anyways, thanks for the listing of 6 digit part numbers to do the upgrade, @ryan or casper. If one was to do an upgrade to their truck are their any new screws or nuts needed??? I'm also going to order the Titanium screw kit, should all the screws I need be in there?
Originally Posted by Grandturk
Casper - did you run with the 2 hole pistons or the stock pistons? What weight oils were you at?

Looks like the kit comes with Orange Rear and Blue Front springs?

Is it just the pics or did you guys change the color of the anodization of the chassis and torque rods?
Yes 2 hole 55's 32.5 front and 30 rear is where both Ryan and I ended the night. I started out 30/27.5 and it was too light.

Yes kit comes with blue front and orange rear springs.

Color of the anodize looks the same to me. Might be lighting in the photos.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcus3r

I need to know what is the max lenght and width the 'tray' will accomodate. I see that each side of the battery tray has 3 holes to adjust for various lenghts. Thanks.
What the hell type of battery are you running??????????

Old 01-31-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper
Yes 2 hole 55's 32.5 front and 30 rear is where both Ryan and I ended the night. I started out 30/27.5 and it was too light.

Yes kit comes with blue front and orange rear springs.

Color of the anodize looks the same to me. Might be lighting in the photos.
I always got a lot (too much) squat with the 1.0 running mismatched oil F/R - so i went to same oil F/R. Accelerating really pulled a lot of weigh off the front and made the truck squirmy - this killed me at SC Nats until I rebuilt the shocks with even oil.

I know lots of guys run heavier front oil - do you find you have to find other ways to tune out squat?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Oh - hate to say it - but the Horizon UK website guys are Killin' It over there. Their 22SCT page was awesome and the 2.0 page is awesome. USA guys need to get together with Horizon UK and GET SOME!!!

Still stoked for the 2.0!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Oh - hate to say it - but the Horizon UK website guys are Killin' It over there. Their 22SCT page was awesome and the 2.0 page is awesome. USA guys need to get together with Horizon UK and GET SOME!!!
AGREED!!!! Horizon Hobby US is slacking BIG TIME on that front!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I also go my first stress test. A traxxas jumped on to the stright right in front of me on my second pack. Lets just say I won! Still as durable as ever not that we had any doubt of that!
That's is as good a stress test as you can get. If you can take a head on collision from a Slash, you are in good shape.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I always got a lot (too much) squat with the 1.0 running mismatched oil F/R - so i went to same oil F/R. Accelerating really pulled a lot of weigh off the front and made the truck squirmy - this killed me at SC Nats until I rebuilt the shocks with even oil.

I know lots of guys run heavier front oil - do you find you have to find other ways to tune out squat?
We are running 3 degrees of anti squat in the rear right now. I dont think its squating too much. This is what I ran at the SC nats as well.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Still stoked for the 2.0!!!
Yeah, they are run by a different marketing group and they are car guys there as well...lol.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

stupid question but will the screws in the truck be in mm or standard?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcus3r

I take it back. The hole adjustment is to move the tray front and back, since the top brace does not shrink or strech. Right?

Any chance of getting those dimensions?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
are you going to consider the new chassis and such?
No need, I love my Bump Chassis.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
stupid question but will the screws in the truck be in mm or standard?
I'm sorry, but did you even bother looking at the manual any?? It's easy to download and view ya know.. Less than 5 clicks. lol

STANDARD.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker07
We are running 3 degrees of anti squat in the rear right now. I dont think its squating too much. This is what I ran at the SC nats as well.
I'll give 3 a try. I have it at 2 and hadn't seen any setup sheets with it at 3 so I left it. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.