Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen or tekno e buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Mugen or tekno e buggy?

I'm planning on getting a buggy this spring and I'm not sure which one to get. I've narrowed it down to either the eb48 or the mbx6 Eco. I'll be racing it on medium/large outdoor tracks. Local parts support is gonna suck for both of those so I will have to deal with that regardless of which one i choose. Which one do you guys think is best?
Old 01-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Both are excellent platforms. The Mugen is a little more planted out of the box than the tekno. The tekno is a little light in the back end and some don't like that. But there are things you can do to help settle the rear down. They are both tough and both have great wear characteristics.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I haven't driven the Mugen, but I have 2 different Tekno buggies (V4 RC8 and EB48) and I find them to be the best handling buggies around. The real deal maker for me was when I converted my RC8 from one of the more traditional layouts to the V4 Tekno. The handling difference, in my opinion, was night and day. Much more stable, more nimble, and jumping was also improved. I have owned several car platforms with a range of conversions and for me the V4/EB48 layout is the best. Ofna had the right idea with the Hyper 9E, but they really dropped the ball on execution. The quality of their kit was poor and they never did any updates to fix the chronic problems. It did prove that the layout could work. Tekno advanced the design and how has one of the better if not the best layout.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The parts scene with either will be an issue, but the Tekno wont need as many........
Old 01-26-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

And Amain is carrying the vast majority of Tekno's stuff so online will be fast. Their shipping is lower than tekno's site is.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by kufman
I haven't driven the Mugen, but I have 2 different Tekno buggies (V4 RC8 and EB48) and I find them to be the best handling buggies around. The real deal maker for me was when I converted my RC8 from one of the more traditional layouts to the V4 Tekno. The handling difference, in my opinion, was night and day. Much more stable, more nimble, and jumping was also improved. I have owned several car platforms with a range of conversions and for me the V4/EB48 layout is the best. Ofna had the right idea with the Hyper 9E, but they really dropped the ball on execution. The quality of their kit was poor and they never did any updates to fix the chronic problems. It did prove that the layout could work. Tekno advanced the design and how has one of the better if not the best layout.
You never drove a Mugen but the "Tekno is the best handling buggies around " The OP is asking for a unbiased opinion between the two classic.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
You never drove a Mugen but the "Tekno is the best handling buggies around " The OP is asking for a unbiased opinion between the two classic.
Nope, I didn't drive that exact car, but I have driven and/or owned several cars with the same chassis layout. You can only do so much with suspension to fix an poor weight distribution. The Mugen is the same layout as the D8, the RC8E, the 8E, the Lx1E and several others. After you drive a few of them you realize that they all handle the same because the weight distribution is the same on all of them.

By the way, he didn't as for an unbiased answer since he said, "Which one do you guys think is best?" The word in BOLD implies that he is asking for opinions.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Mugen is awesome out of the box! don't need any upgrades. it comes with them all
Old 01-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

Well I have own mugen buggy they are great then I have switch to serpent haven't look back since I went to serpent
Old 01-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thebizz
Mugen is awesome out of the box! don't need any upgrades. it comes with them all
Exact same thing with the tekno.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was in the same situation trying to decide which of these two buggies to buy and went with the tekno, couldn't be happier.

A couple key factors for me:

-A-arms are l/r interchangeable so it's ok when you break the front right arm twice in a row.
-sway bars are f/r interchange so there's a chance to save some cash on additional tuning options
-great parts quality out of the box (I hear the Mugen is good here too.)
-now that the sct410 is out there is some parts overlap between the buggy and short course so there's a potential space savings in the toolbox as well as more options.

Obviously I recommend the tekno but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

-- I run on a tight indoor clay track and can weave through corners as fast or faster than the mod 1/10 buggies do.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Gene158
I'm planning on getting a buggy this spring and I'm not sure which one to get. I've narrowed it down to either the eb48 or the mbx6 Eco. I'll be racing it on medium/large outdoor tracks. Local parts support is gonna suck for both of those so I will have to deal with that regardless of which one i choose. Which one do you guys think is best?
if your track is bumpy/ slippery -> eco

if it's clean and provides good grip -> eb48
Old 01-27-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_

It seems a lot of people rave about the tekno's handling on tighter, smoother tracks. That's not what I'm gonna be running on. Most outdoor tracks here in the northeast are more traditional 1/8th scale tracks; pretty rough and loose. So maybe the mugen would be the better choice.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pulse_

I am not sure why people say this. I have found the Tekno buggy to be equally well suited for both types of tracks.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Yeah , mine is awesome on big rough outdoor tracks ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.