Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Default Dave if you want I...

would send a kit to you from my local hobby store. They are $214.00 plus tax and shipping costs. Just thought I would offer.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Dave if you want I...

Originally posted by Nightbreed
would send a kit to you from my local hobby store. They are $214.00 plus tax and shipping costs. Just thought I would offer.
You have a PM
Old 10-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Default nesacuby I have lost all credability...

because I posted a pic of my shocks? Do you think I made them up as a big joke? Maybe you lost credability by making statments like that. They work fine for me. They worked great in my first trophy race. 1st place midseason championship stock sedan "B" main. Not bad for my first time racing and with those non-working shocks. Sometimes simple is better.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-pa220186.jpg  
Old 10-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default Dave...

you have PM.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Guys, believe it or not they do work. I saw them in action over two years ago on a carpet track in Lincoln, NE. They worked fantastic on that carpet. They are definitely something out of the norm but you should actually have him describe the design in full detail.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by moonman
I think the TC4 isn't a real racing car. To me racing cars are made of alloy and carbon and not cheap plastic. Sure it performs well on the track but it dosen't look like a top level racing car and all the plastic make it feel toyish when looking at it. To me a nice quality looking car is important.

The trend now is towards carbon and machined aluminum type cars. So I think Associated really need to do something more with the factory team than putting on some composite chassis parts, titanium links and blue motor mount.

It seems to take some time before the FT is out so that might indicate that they are making som more changes but if they just put on the graphite parts that's a very cheap sales trick.
Before you read this please know that I am not biased as my main car is a Tamiya 415!!
WOW!! That's really funny! I thought racing cars were made for performance. I mean, tub chassis are definately stiffer than their C/F counterparts. Tub chassis are definately lighter (except for the Losi...LOL) than their C/F considering that with tubs you don't need extra top decks all the excess aluminum bulkheads to add stiffness and strength. Tub chassis cars typically have less parts (this does not mean less adjustability), again meaning less weight, less to go wrong, and less to break.
Also in my experience tub cars are easier to perform maintenance on as well. Tubs need much less chassis prep than C/F. Oh, yeah, tubs are also cheaper to manufacture in quantity...should I go on. To me race cars are about performance...not BLING!
I do hate that it will take a while for the Factory Team version to be released but, in actually, all manufactures do it. The nice thing is that the FT TC3 was untouched or the same for 4 years, where companies like Tamiya, X-Ray, Corally etc, have new cars about every year.

I guess in the end, you don't have to buy the TC4
Old 10-22-2004, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Dave...

Originally posted by Nightbreed
you have PM.
Back to you
Old 10-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by koabich
Before you read this please know that I am not biased as my main car is a Tamiya 415!!
WOW!! That's really funny! I thought racing cars were made for performance. I mean, tub chassis are definately stiffer than their C/F counterparts. Tub chassis are definately lighter (except for the Losi...LOL) than their C/F considering that with tubs you don't need extra top decks all the excess aluminum bulkheads to add stiffness and strength. Tub chassis cars typically have less parts (this does not mean less adjustability), again meaning less weight, less to go wrong, and less to break.
Also in my experience tub cars are easier to perform maintenance on as well. Tubs need much less chassis prep than C/F. Oh, yeah, tubs are also cheaper to manufacture in quantity...should I go on. To me race cars are about performance...not BLING!
I do hate that it will take a while for the Factory Team version to be released but, in actually, all manufactures do it. The nice thing is that the FT TC3 was untouched or the same for 4 years, where companies like Tamiya, X-Ray, Corally etc, have new cars about every year.

I guess in the end, you don't have to buy the TC4
Well said!
Old 10-22-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

The plastic chassis and parts may not be made just for racing. Thats why they come out with lighter graphite parts as well. Not everyone racing RC is a serious national level compeditor. Some people actually do it just for fun. Manufactures make products for the consumer. As a racer that is not me. Racers make up only a small part of the industry less than 20%. Real race cars are not made out of carbon fiber plates either they are carbon fiber tubs. So I guess F1 cars arent real.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TC4 Carpet Setup

I can't seem to find a TC4 carpet setup from associated or any of their racers. I'm a little disappointed that AE would release the car with so little setup help.

Can anyone help me out? I'd at least like to get the car springs and oil in a more carpety configuration...
Old 10-22-2004, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: TC4 Carpet Setup

Originally posted by Torsion
I can't seem to find a TC4 carpet setup from associated or any of their racers. I'm a little disappointed that AE would release the car with so little setup help.

Can anyone help me out? I'd at least like to get the car springs and oil in a more carpety configuration...

try purple/copper and 50/40 oil, tires plaid purple or dbl pink org and dbl pink
Old 10-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Nightbreed,

You missed my point entirely. . . I merely commented on the fact that you are using non-stock parts and complaining about the fit.

Personally, I don't care what type of shocks you use and would really need a set of your shocks to put my hands on them in order to really see how they work. I didn't see any springs so I'm assuming you use the foam for both dampening and rebound. . .if it works, great.

But your shocks were not my point. From what you said and the answers that Bubbles, et al, gave, it wasn't the quality control that was at issue. . .

From my experience, it's rarely a materials error, especially when the error comes up in 1:100+. . . it's usually a user error. Usually MY user error!
Old 10-22-2004, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Try your set up that you used for the TC3. Mike Blackstock mentioned on another thread that he was using his TC3 Cleveland set up on the TC4 and the car was better than his TC3.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Back a couple pages, ML gave the address to his website and he has a couple of set ups that he has run recently for theTC4.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Has anyone figured out an alternative to the steel turnbuckles yet?

BTW, this is a nice car with lots of good improvements, can't wait to run it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.