Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco
Here are my fixes for the intial issues with the XB4.

For the front bulkhead, I made a brace. My frontbulk head is actually broken, but with the brace is working fine. I attached a picture of the brace, it was handmade so its not perfect.

For the CVD plastic pin retainers, I have been using some DEX410 parts.

Team Durango Driveshaft Bushing
Team Durango B-Type Driveshaft Pin Set (2.0mm)

These pins use a set screw and will not fly out.

For the leaky shocks I have been using the DEX410 Orings.

Team Durango 10x1mm Shock Cap O-Ring Set

Hope this helps some people.

I am hoping Team SR looks at my brace and makes a nice one.
Hmmm, been following this thread to see the progression... maybe a durango is in order instead of just their parts to fix this one. Im normally not one to insite riots but 2 years in testing should have shown some of these problems, no? Or they are just willing to allow us to buy parts that they know will brake?
Hmmm, doritos for the brain.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racene1
Hmmm, been following this thread to see the progression... maybe a durango is in order instead of just their parts to fix this one. Im normally not one to insite riots but 2 years in testing should have shown some of these problems, no? Or they are just willing to allow us to buy parts that they know will brake?
Hmmm, doritos for the brain.
I also have a durango. This is the car for me. What are we talking about ? A few parts ? A bad batch ? Too early to tell.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asc6000
rear shafts in the front ?, man you like some droop
Found the issue. If u switch the spindle bushings for higher roll center as given in the manual, then the shaft is not parallel to the arm causing the bind.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Built myself a B44.2 FT as I was waiting for parts for the xb4, and the maiden was yesterday, cool car and nice to drive, but nothing compared to the Xray´s smoothness and balance straight out of the build/box. I must say i did never think there was gonna that much difference. ( 5 ball-cups broke the first 2 hours of driving, talk about bad parts. i guess you could say that they saved the tension from something else but still they broke like flies and I did not do much crashing or rolling. One hard landing was enough.)

The track shop had the back bulkheads for the xb4, and they worked perfect in front with a little shimming( tips from the shop owner and some guys at the track). So i drove them back to back.

Im not a pro, just trying to keep consistent lap times and not wreck them to much.

Not talking about very tuned-in cars here but stock setup on both.

The biggest difference for me was when I punched a lot of throttle on the straights, the b44.2 seemed to bounce around and the grip was slipping compared to xb4´s smooth traction all-around the track. also in the air the xb4 is well balanced and harder to get out of balance than the b44.2. I have my favorite now, no question about it.

Last edited by AlekB; 01-04-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Well, I got my xb4 today. I'm slowly building the car. I've been reading this thread from day 1. So far it seems the shock towers, bulkheads, composite diff gears are breaking. I understand 4wd buggy you tend to break parts but, in this situation I've come to the conclusion that these parts are deficits.

Now, I'm curious to see what xray will do. I'm sure they are hearing about the few issues a lot of people are having. Once they do address the issues at hand. I'm wondering will folks that purchased the first batches get replacement parts?

Again I'm sure Xray will address the issues at hand. Way too many people having the same issue. Driver error ...well...it doesn't seem like the case. It kinda sucks that i spent 425.00 on this kit and I won't be able to race it until we find a solution to the issues at hand. Lastly I can't wait to race this bad boy!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

I don`t understand your problems.

I build the diffs exactly like the manual says, with the right amount of oil, using the Hudy scale.

No Problems with the Diffs - running on Carpet, with Schumacher Mini Pins. Tons of grip. Slipper on the tight side.

As I wrote before - too much oil will cause die gears to brake. So just do not overfill.

Shock Towers/Diff Case: No problems here - and I had some bad crashes. I run Durango and Kyosho before, these cars did break very often. Durango broke the arms.....Kyosho the diff case.

The XB4 nothing...until now. Same track, same electronics.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do team SR deliver international [australia] ?
I'm after a set of their xb4 shock towers,,
Old 01-04-2013, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't get it. A dozen people have had problems from thousands of kits world wide... All this talk about shelving the car till X ray comes up with a fix, even before they run it...
BUILD YOUR CARS TO THE INSTRUCTIONS SETUP AND ALL. SET YOUR SLIPPER AT 6.3 to 6.4 THEN GO TO THE TRACK AND DRIVE THE THING.
The slipper will be loose but after 2 packs it will be bedded in and tighten up a bit by itself.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Try tapping the m3 screws in the bulkhead for the shock tower first with a tap not a screw. a few guys in the uk have noticed some of the bulkheads have been tapped when they bought the spare one. I know when i get mine i will be tapping most screw holes just incase
Old 01-04-2013, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
I don't remember them being labeled.
There's a call out in the manual. Oh yeah, you don't read manuals. lol
Old 01-04-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asc6000
broke the camber rod part of the rear tower off... I had been wondering how you could do that, heres my story. Simple, accelerate 5 feet over a small double to an immediate 180 at the finish line. The 180 is around a pvc rail stacked two high and held by a spike pounded in the ground... well I landed on top of the pipe and slid... right into the spike head. Looked like the front hit as it slid off the rail (keep in mind this all happens in a ten foot space so the speed was slow) and I looked down to check and it looked okay so I took off but it was apparent after a couple turns something was wrong.
SO.... we looked carefully at the arms and could not see the impact mark so we could not confirm what I thought i saw (the front hit) but it must have caught the right rear arm. So a nice sharp (not big at all) shot broke that off ? Where does it get the angle or force ? hmmmm Not the cars fault at all, track maintainence would have cured that for me and many others.
Anyway I still love it.
Out of curiosity at your local indoor clay track do they stop watering the track a week before rebuilding ?
I seen two others break the same part first run. seems odd to not water a week before a rebuild. must make for a pretty bad racing surface during that week.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dos Andos
I don't get it. A dozen people have had problems from thousands of kits world wide... All this talk about shelving the car till X ray comes up with a fix, even before they run it...
BUILD YOUR CARS TO THE INSTRUCTIONS SETUP AND ALL. SET YOUR SLIPPER AT 6.3 to 6.4 THEN GO TO THE TRACK AND DRIVE THE THING.
The slipper will be loose but after 2 packs it will be bedded in and tighten up a bit by itself.
I am confident the ones i have seen break were too manaul specs. the car has flaws and xray needs to step up and fix them. Have not heard a single story of xray helping people out. I hate seeing people get ripped off.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BRSracing
I am confident the ones i have seen break were too manaul specs. the car has flaws and xray needs to step up and fix them. Have not heard a single story of xray helping people out. I hate seeing people get ripped off.
You probably won't hear anything since they are still on holidays I'd imagine...
No one likes seeing people get ripped off but I hardly think X ray is guilty of that.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

There are some areas that need to be addressed, but nobody has mentioned feeling like they got ripped off. Upset,yes, ripped off,no one has mentioned that but you,and you dont own one....... be constructive not destructive.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 AM
reg
Tech Adept

i remember when the new T2 008 came out,Xray sent out free parts to fix a problem,they sure arnt into ripping people off

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.