Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Live Streaming from the 2012 IFMAR 1/10th Worlds in Bangkok! >

Live Streaming from the 2012 IFMAR 1/10th Worlds in Bangkok!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live Streaming from the 2012 IFMAR 1/10th Worlds in Bangkok!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Nick, you guys are doing a great job, and thanks for doing it.

Cavey, if you don't like it then don't watch it. Pretty simple really.

Steve

Originally Posted by exint2
Hi There - We take on board the criticism, but the afternoon session was not of massive interest to the general RC world - there was quite a bit of moving camera but covering heats 1-7 was not a priority - I'm sorry if some of you were upset!

The timing issues are frustrating us all - but are completely out of our hands.

However I think that the 3 1/2 hours of Free Broadcast we produced this morning was as good as anything you'll see in this sport - please also realise we are producing this with just 2 people - so Mat has to have breaks working the camera especially in this weather.

As a heads up we will be on air all day tomorrow covering the 2 remaining rounds - the lower heats with a fixed camera - if we get live timing then I'll keep you all informed - the faster heats will of course get a moving camera and commentary!

As far as covering the cars in qualifying there are no "battles" as such so we try to show a range of cars in each heat, analyse them a little bit and try and be entertaining as well - usually we do OK - but we all make mistakes!!

Once we reach the higher finals then of course the coverage will change to show the key battles for position!

Hope you all enjoy the stream tomorrow!

Nick
Old 11-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cavey
Yes very harsh Andrew , you must be getting something I'm not getting if you can make out what's going on please fill me in .. I'm getting more satisfaction waiting for the on line reports to come from my rcm at least you can make something of this .. When the camera does zoom in a little it may follow like one car for 8 of the ten minutes .. Spose you get what you pay for nothing, get ??? And by the way he has got the timing he said so himself just no live steaming going out to the public ,the man even called PJ an Austrian, Harry would be doing a better job wit TJK calling the race .. Lol...
Thanks to RCracing TV, the footage is very good, i think once finals start, and as long as timing stays live for you guys, you should do a great Job. your Euros coverage was excellent, but you also had more people helping you. some coverage is better than none at all. and to stream on you tube and be able to re watch, as i am at work and cant watch it live, your doing a good job.Thank you.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by exint2
Hi There - We take on board the criticism, but the afternoon session was not of massive interest to the general RC world - there was quite a bit of moving camera but covering heats 1-7 was not a priority - I'm sorry if some of you were upset!

The timing issues are frustrating us all - but are completely out of our hands.

However I think that the 3 1/2 hours of Free Broadcast we produced this morning was as good as anything you'll see in this sport - please also realise we are producing this with just 2 people - so Mat has to have breaks working the camera especially in this weather.

As a heads up we will be on air all day tomorrow covering the 2 remaining rounds - the lower heats with a fixed camera - if we get live timing then I'll keep you all informed - the faster heats will of course get a moving camera and commentary!

As far as covering the cars in qualifying there are no "battles" as such so we try to show a range of cars in each heat, analyse them a little bit and try and be entertaining as well - usually we do OK - but we all make mistakes!!

Once we reach the higher finals then of course the coverage will change to show the key battles for position!

Hope you all enjoy the stream tomorrow!

Nick
http://www.rcracingtv.net/meet-the-team/

Wasn't that a strange order to the rounds of heats?? I had two HD monitors, two browsers with all the timing pages open and I had no idea what they were doing, Nick didn't stand a chance. As Aussies, I think we got excellent coverage of our boys on track.

It's a tease at times.. The vision brings us so close... We can almost smell them!:~/

Thanks

h
Old 11-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You guys are crazy, I know they didn't have the live scoring and couldn't give you a play by play. IMO they did a great job of highlighting the high profile drivers during their run and trying to interview them after the run to see exactly what's going on....

They've done a great job interviewing the top drivers to see what's going on with their week of racing...

They did a good job of also describing who was having problems and describing the track conditions to let everyone know that it was a slow round, etc, etc......
Old 11-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nick and his cameraman are doing a phenomenal job. Two major thumbs up! I particularly enjoyed the "real time" commentary and unpolished interviews (esp when interviewing those who cant speak English) : ). I love Nicks free spirited interviewing tactics by randomly choosing top drivers as they pass by him.This style of interviewing gives the viewer an insight of how the top drivers act and compose themselves by capturing their emotions at that moment in time. For example; Andy Moore was taken out by a lapped car causing his car spin off into the grass. I would be livid if that happened to me, I think any racer at a big event would feel the same way. However, while very frustrated, Andy compose himself during the interview and showed great understanding about the accident.

Anyway, I'm done talking. Great job Nick and cameraman ( I forget his name).

The cameraman should do some interviews!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Great work. Appreciate the coverage. Continue with the good job
Old 11-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Great work
What time is the live show today
I'm getting popcorn
Old 11-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRRC
Great work
What time is the live show today
I'm getting popcorn
It's Live now... http://www.youtube.com/user/exint2/f...&v=9JhbG3bnHD4
Old 11-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Great coverage, Thanks for all your efforts!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by corallyman
Nick, you guys are doing a great job, and thanks for doing it.

Cavey, if you don't like it then don't watch it. Pretty simple really.

Steve
So what can I say , you must agree today the coverage is so much better better zoom in of cars and following all of the field
But spouse know one one will thank me for standing up and say my view to get every one a better product in the end
Keep up the good work nick and mat stay cool keep up the fluids
Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

But spouse know one one will thank me for standing up and say my view to get every one a better product in the end
Old 11-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Nick and Matt, you are doing an amazing job! Great RC event coverage. I'm enjoying every bit of it...
Old 11-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thank you to Nick and Matt on another great day of streaming am looking forward to tomorrow and Saturday
Old 11-15-2012, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Yea great job guys you really only do half a job ,one camera not moving after lunch and with my rcm down and nick not saying a word after lunch who know what's going on . I think you should of stayed at home and let rc live do the job we had to pay for this service but was far superior to what you are offering .. What you must of had to much to eat at lunch time you lazy buggers get off your arses and get on with the job or are you there for a holiday at the moment rc racing tv is a joke .......
Why don't you watch it at LiveRC??
Old 11-15-2012, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
Why don't you watch it at LiveRC??
Yo Funny !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.