Futaba 9352 servo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba 9352 servo

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Why not get the Savox HV servos as available locally so warranty isnt an issue and you are supporting a local store ..I have had mine for over a year now and great servos in both buggy and truggy.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malcnz
Why not get the Savox HV servos as available locally so warranty isnt an issue and you are supporting a local store ..I have had mine for over a year now and great servos in both buggy and truggy.
I personally would avoid the 1267/1268 models.... The 2200 series (70-74) are much better from what I hear though.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BrakeTurnAccelerate
I personally would avoid the 1267/1268 models.... The 2200 series (70-74) are much better from what I hear though.
o.k..what is wrong with them? as mine have been great
Old 07-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

We've had a couple die recently.

Last edited by BrakeTurnAccelerate; 07-20-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

ok..i only have 1x 67 and other 3x 68s...what has been happening to them?..sounds like ..well on the forum the new one has the issue.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Was my initial thoughts, as have loved my non HV Savox's. But like BTA, have seen a few too many die at the track to have any confidence in them.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thorns
Was my initial thoughts, as have loved my non HV Savox's. But like BTA, have seen a few too many die at the track to have any confidence in them.
oh ok...thought they were very reliable..i guess all servo manufacturers have there issues from time to time...what is happening to them?
Old 07-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

don't be a spoon, the TG series are awesome... set them up correctly and theres no way they should die unless something goes mega wrong.

and dont run them on lipo. there are the HV models for that.

1256TG, 1258TG servos are what i've ran for years an never had one die...

the new brushless HV servos look to be very good too.

the Savox's you'd probably seen die are ones that have not been setup correctly.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

oh ok...thought they were very reliable..i guess all servo manufacturers have there issues from time to time...what is happening to them?
Could very well be the user as well with incorrect EPA etc etc.
Not entirely sure of the problems, just seen 3 over the last two meets die during a heat/race.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thorns
Could very well be the user as well with incorrect EPA etc etc.
Not entirely sure of the problems, just seen 3 over the last two meets die during a heat/race.
yeah possibly setup...i have said it before and dont think servos in general are what they used to be as seen servos from all manufacturers die for no apparant reason...thats what youre warranty is for and buying in NZ locally means you will have a warranty and HOT will look after you well.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LosiPRRACER
don't be a spoon, the TG series are awesome... set them up correctly and theres no way they should die unless something goes mega wrong.

and dont run them on lipo. there are the HV models for that.

1256TG, 1258TG servos are what i've ran for years an never had one die...
OP wants a HV servo. The 125x series aren't HV, so they won't work. The 126x series are the cheaper HV models.

Last edited by BrakeTurnAccelerate; 07-20-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have tried all the top dollar servos and currently am running Futaba 9353's. They are IMO the best of the best. Very smooth and good on power use.

The Hitec 7940/50 are also great - but you can not purchase gear sets - so when you wear the gears out you have to send them to hitec for gear replacement. Which they do for free under warranty but it takes 4-6 weeks. I think Hitec over rates the speed.

The Savox HV are also good - but use more power and cause odd glitching issues. I think Savox under rates there speed.

I have not had many failures on any of my servos - generally it has been worn gears or striped gears. I have had several issues with the Savox servos in electric cars, ESC tend not to like them as they require a lot of power.

You also have to consider finding quality servo horns. IMO Hitec makes the best aluminum horns. I am not a fan of the clamping style horn.