Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
TEXAS State Electric On-Road Series >

TEXAS State Electric On-Road Series

TEXAS State Electric On-Road Series

Old 05-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default TEXAS State Electric On-Road Series

I think this topic warrants it's own thread. We will try to update the info as it comes in and develops.

Below is a post copied from the M&M Thread. Feel free to chime in.

Yes, the series is on board...

A few of the things we discussed with Chris:

Tire rules are set by each club:
Mike's Dallas- Jaco Blue
ATX- Solaris Hard
M&M Hobbies- TBD- we would however like a spec tire for the race. Whether muchmore, sweep or Solaris, we'd have to base it on availability.
Mike's Houston- TBD- same as M&M

Tires are to be purchased at each event for the TC's- Each club is responsible for tagging and tech-ing tires. (This way the host track can get some extra revenue).

Entry fee is TBD but we are talking 20.00 first class, 10.00 additional.

50% of entry fee goes to track and 50% goes to series to cover prizes (yes, we want to have tons of them at the series finale, like kits, esc's, motors, etc) and trophies. Trophies are going to be NICE.

There is also a possibility of doubling up each event with a bigger race, for example: The Mike's Dallas event is the Fall Classic. Based on the results, you score points toward the Texas State Championship.

Maybe the M&M event will be an RSD sponsored race, or perhaps the ROAR Asphalt regionals. This would allow us to pitch it to Marty and warrant a Saturday-Sunday event.

Austin, we don't speak for, but we imagine it is easier to do a single day event.

Classes:

1.ROAR Stock TC:
Basic ROAR rules with Minimum weight rules. Not so concerned about other dimensional rules, but focus the rules on 17.5 blinky. This will be enforced
2.Open TC:
Basic ROAR rules, open motor.
3.Formula 1:
Basic ROAR Rules, but 205mm Max width.
-Power Train: 21.5 Blinky with 2S battery
-Rubber Tires Only
4.12th Scale:
-ROAR Rules apply
-Classes offered based on demand (ex 17.5 blinky/ Open Mod/ 13.5 boosted, etc)
5.Local Filler Class:
-Each club gets to run a filler class for whatever is popular/ has demand for the individual event. For example Mike's Houston, a Traxxas rally class would be popular. However, the filler class is not scored and has a reduced entry fee cost.
6.VTA can be added to the series if 6+cars commit to participate, otherwise it can be offered as a track's filler class.

Last edited by CristianTabush; 05-10-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I'm definitely in for VTA. I'll travel to all the stops in Texas to race my VTA. I may also be in for F1 as well depending on if I can get my car's tendency to traction roll under control.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:03 AM
Suspended

Dates, price, rules, and pretty much everything is getting ironed out. Please take the post as a heads up for what is to come for on-road in the state of Texas. I know Dallas has seen a huge boom in on-road and think that an interstate competition between all the tracks willing to participate would be a solid spring board to making flat track rc racing what it used to be.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Austin, we don't speak for, but we imagine it is easier to do a single day event.
I would contact Joe Maxey or Chris Brame(RD in Austin)... Shoot me a PM and Ill get you Joe's contact info.

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Maybe the M&M event will be an RSD sponsored race, or perhaps the ROAR Asphalt regionals.
Out of curiousity, when was the last time we had a Region 9 championship for carpet or asphalt on-road?
Old 05-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Last regional was like '03 in SA I think...

I shot Joe an email, just waiting on a response, but If you can send me his phone no, let me know...
Old 05-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

I shot Joe an email, just waiting on a response, but If you can send me his phone no, let me know...
PM
Old 05-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Please contact Chris Dodson (Hobby Town) with any and all questions.

I am just the guy who can rally the troops. Dodson makes all business decisions.

This is going to be awesome!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

It's sad that SA no longer has an on-road track. Maybe somebody can find an abandoned parking lot to host a series race in SA.
__________________________________________________ ___________________

---->http://www.rctech.net/forum/texas-ra...obby-shop.html
Old 05-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Suspended

I have a trophy from 2006 so that would be the last one. I miss that hill... and the track haha
Old 05-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey

I am just the guy who can rally the troops. Dodson makes all business decisions.

Its only going to be awesome if people actually travel and do the races.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Edited first post to include further discussion on entry fees and prizes.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey

You have Chris D's contact info?
Old 05-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

+1 on all of the above.

I used to race Florida State Series years ago, lots of fun. Texas should have one and it should be bigger.

Still have my tent

Need a generator though for the lot races....if we end of up in one....

TC Mod!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Having an electric state series is a great idea. However, there should be uniformity in what tire(s) to be used in the series. You can't have one place specing tire A while another venue specs tire B and so on. It is not fair on the racers to have to keep buying different tires for each of the stops. It should be either one spec tire for all the series races in a given year or open tire for all the series races in a given year. Also, in my opinion, the points series races should be independent of the specialty races like the Fall Classic, Regionals, etc. It is not fair to racers participating for top points to have racers that aren't regular participants to the series affecting points or standings.

Again, the above are my thoughts/opinions as I have participated in many series over the years and have learned when you mix too many things into it, you will lose a lot of participation in the long run.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by JLock
Having an electric state series is a great idea. However, there should be uniformity in what tire(s) to be used in the series. You can't have one place specing tire A while another venue specs tire B and so on. It is not fair on the racers to have to keep buying different tires for each of the stops. It should be either one spec tire for all the series races in a given year or open tire for all the series races in a given year. Also, in my opinion, the points series races should be independent of the specialty races like the Fall Classic, Regionals, etc. It is not fair to racers participating for top points to have racers that aren't regular participants to the series affecting points or standings.

Again, the above are my thoughts/opinions as I have participated in many series over the years and have learned when you mix too many things into it, you will lose a lot of participation in the long run.

Well, I agree that it would be ideal to spec a tire for the whole series. Its not in the cards though at least this year. Either way, if you bought a set of jaco blues to run in Austin, you will still have to buy a set to run in Dallas because they will not work on the carpet after seeing asphalt.

Just because someone is not a regular participant does not mean that they cannot be a part of the series. If you finish 4th because some new people showed up, you deserve 4th place points. Texas is a big state and doubling up a big race with the series could only improve turnout which is what the series is all about... Getting people into a fun, good old fashioned competition. This will be the initial year for this and there will probably be a learning curve, but I am positive a state series like what they do in Florida can and will grow the sport.

Opinions are great, keep them coming. Everyone should know that the details are not final and Christian and I are still working everything out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.