Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Hey guys, i have had my Hyper for a couple of weeks now. I have been running a 60A Xerun and a 3500kv Tacon w/15t pinion on 2s. Speed was ok, i would say about 30. Well i purchased 2 more motors to use in it.
I bought a Trinity Epic TEam DUO 3 8.5T sensored motor that i just put in and drove. Here is my issue. This motor is a 6000KV and it is not any faster than the 3500kv tacon. It might even be slower! WHat gives? I figured this thing would haul the mail with that motor. I also dropped it back to a 13T pinion.

The second motor that im waiting on is a LRP X11 6.5T motor.
I also have a 4300Kv Tacon i could put in it. WHy is it so slow???
Different motor brands have different ratings for example my hobbywing 5.5t motor is rated at 6000kv and it is quick and i use 13t pinion in my tt. The hobbywing 8.5t motor is rated at 4000kv. Therefore i think your team epic motor probably is really only about 4000kv which is why it isn't much quicker than your 3500kv tacon.

i hope that makes a bit of sense to you!
I have had a lrp 6.5t in mine and they are quick but just watch the temps
Old 02-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Just have to ask when you swap motors over did you reset the speedy this could also be why it is running slower!

peter
Old 02-29-2012, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well that sucks! I guess ill be waiting for the 6.5T then. That heatsink mount they make is sweet! Looks real good on my truck!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Well that sucks! I guess ill be waiting for the 6.5T then. That heatsink mount they make is sweet! Looks real good on my truck!
You know what im gonna say!!
PICS!!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Diff mods

Hey guys.
Im new to this forum but not new to RC.
I am doing a complete diff modification/rebuild on all three diffs.
I am hoping that i can safely say that what im currently doing to
The diffs will rid the TT of some of its drivetrain noise!
However, I am experimenting but I am simply applying the same techniques
Used in full scall gears.
My question is, have any of u gone down the route of full diff modifications?
If so, i would be interested to hear what u have tried?
Mine involves alot of polishing, grinding, lapping & alignment via dial indicator on back of crown. You can probably guess what im doing but im happy to share more detail if any of u r interested?

Cheers from Downunder!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AUSSIEMIKE
Hey guys.
Im new to this forum but not new to RC.
I am doing a complete diff modification/rebuild on all three diffs.
I am hoping that i can safely say that what im currently doing to
The diffs will rid the TT of some of its drivetrain noise!
However, I am experimenting but I am simply applying the same techniques
Used in full scall gears.
My question is, have any of u gone down the route of full diff modifications?
If so, i would be interested to hear what u have tried?
Mine involves alot of polishing, grinding, lapping & alignment via dial indicator on back of crown. You can probably guess what im doing but im happy to share more detail if any of u r interested?

Cheers from Downunder!
I did read somewhere about spur options for the TT but its been awhile ago and i dont remember where now but i think you maybe better off seeing what you can do as Far as different spur options, I personally wasnt bothered with the gear noise which i think most of is comming from the spur and pinion anyhow,,, I kinda liked the growl it made, made it seem that much more unique.
For sure by all means fill us in on what your doing and post pics too,, pics tell a much better story if you ask me.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default opinion

i want to see if any of you use the sidewinder sct esc w/ 3s lipos i know that they say they arent rated for such but ive heard alot of rc guys say they use them all the time .whats your opinion?
Old 02-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Initiate

these cars are just noisy i would not worry about it the only thing i did was make sure they were well greased but i could not get rid of the noise and i too have grown to love it
Old 03-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JRockZ
I did read somewhere about spur options for the TT but its been awhile ago and i dont remember where now but i think you maybe better off seeing what you can do as Far as different spur options, I personally wasnt bothered with the gear noise which i think most of is comming from the spur and pinion anyhow,,, I kinda liked the growl it made, made it seem that much more unique.
For sure by all means fill us in on what your doing and post pics too,, pics tell a much better story if you ask me.
Thanks for ur input.
I already have STRC Delrin spur installed and have played around with the centre bearing bulkhead a little to ensure perfect radial engagement.
The drivetrain noise comes from front and rear diffs. Exactly from the pinion to crown area. Its not so much the noise that bothers me, rather the potential in there to decrease friction and drag. This will reduce ESC & motor heat which will allow for a higher tooth pinion, which will allow more speed!
By also duburring, grinding & polishing engagement points on any gear, they become alot smoother, quieter, lighter and stronger (well they do with full scale diffs anyway & i have built a few in my time lol) so all in all if its ur cup of tea, for a couple bucks worth of gaskets u will get more power and smoother driveline.
The other thing to remember is bearings! They will last longer with smoother components running on them.
I would love to post pics etc. can i do it since i just joined?
If so how?
Old 03-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

My integy billet steering knuckles/hubs came today. Here are a few pictures.

Overall I am pleased, they seem to fit fine, however becareful with the plastic inserts. They have very fine threads and seem like it would be easy to strip. Mine were fine, just be careful if you tend to strip threads. The allen size needed to screw in the plastic is a 5mm.

Here is the link http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...81&p_catid=305
Attached Thumbnails Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-photo-1.jpg   Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-photo-3.jpg   Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-photo-4.jpg   Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-photo-5.jpg  
Old 03-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bjs1785

Overall I am pleased, they seem to fit fine, however becareful with the plastic inserts. They have very fine threads and seem like it would be easy to strip. Mine were fine, just be careful if you tend to strip threads. The allen size needed to screw in the plastic is a 5mm.

Thats SWEET!! and they are only 24 bucks! Seems like a great upgrade let's hope they can handle the abuse. My friend has a street car with some hubs that i was comparing to mine when i had my T, i know they would work and they look even stronger than these integy's.... I'll ask him tomorrow what car it is, im just not sure what bearing size it takes which is why i didnt mess with it.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:49 AM
Tech Addict

Those white plastic inserts, do they thread deep enough to take out future slop? Or are they just covers?
As in, if free play developed after prolonged use, can we screw in the inserts to tighten up the slop?
Old 03-02-2012, 03:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Suzukee
Those white plastic inserts, do they thread deep enough to take out future slop? Or are they just covers?
As in, if free play developed after prolonged use, can we screw in the inserts to tighten up the slop?
Yes they can be adjusted to take out future slop.
I have a set on my TT and you have to have the smallest amount of play to let everything operate smoothly. Too snug and it binds easily at large steering inputs.

As a recommendation from my experience lightly grease the inserts before screwing in as it makes it a lot easier to avoid a cross thread issue.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Yes, Mister G is right, if they are too tight they wont move so that will allow you to tighten them if play developes over time
Old 03-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

these look great. I've had my Hyper 10TT sitting on the shelf for a while now. Thanks for posting. Time to bring the 10TT back out to play.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.