Wiki Posts
Search

Official thread on Losi's new radio tray

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Official thread on Losi's new radio tray

I haven't seen a thread on the new losi buggy/truggy radio trays so here it is. I have a question bout it for all that have it. On the battery box cover is anyone having trouble getting their battery in or out and putting the cover on with it installed in the vehicle. And I also noticed it does really have a place to mount a transponder on it either. So if anyone can help with this please let me know.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

There is a lot of info and posts about it in the losi buggy thread.

An easy way to get the battery cover off is just unscrew the throttle link screw and pop it off the shaft. Then the cover is easy to take off. Transponder fits well in the receiver box.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eightoffroader
I haven't seen a thread on the new losi buggy/truggy radio trays so here it is. I have a question bout it for all that have it. On the battery box cover is anyone having trouble getting their battery in or out and putting the cover on with it installed in the vehicle. And I also noticed it does really have a place to mount a transponder on it either. So if anyone can help with this please let me know.
yeah I dont think they had maintenance in mind when they designed it.You have to remove the throttle lever to remove the battery.Most people are mounting the transponder in the receiver box.On the plus side the battery box is bigger,I can actually fit the losi lipo in it with the flat top.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxntwv
yeah I dont think they had maintenance in mind when they designed it.You have to remove the throttle lever to remove the battery.Most people are mounting the transponder in the receiver box.On the plus side the battery box is bigger,I can actually fit the losi lipo in it with the flat top.
I've heard from a few different people say to put the transponder in the receiver compartment but the guy at my LHS told me not to he didn't tell me why just said it wasn't a good place so I just mounted it under two of my servo screws and that's worked so far I raced it Saturday night with no problems.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)

I wish they would of left the body clips to hold the battery cover instead of the screws.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eightoffroader
I've heard from a few different people say to put the transponder in the receiver compartment but the guy at my LHS told me not to he didn't tell me why just said it wasn't a good place so I just mounted it under two of my servo screws and that's worked so far I raced it Saturday night with no problems.
Now a days the transponders are always in the box. It won't hurt anything and leaves it less exposed. It is actually better, just double side tape it so it cant flop and wear.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I mounted my transponder on the mud guard right in front/next to the servos. I've seen a few missed laps from people mounting it in the rx box, and now most are mounting it on the mud guard with double stick tape. This works better for people using the new smaller transponder, but I've seen both versions mounted this way with no failures and I haven't seen one fall off yet. Just my $.02.