R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th Buggy Shoot out
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 12:46 PM
mugenlife
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nay0k
I would still say it was pointless if it won, and I own an 8ight but have never owned an MBX5.

Thing is, the article really is just three guys opinions based on their most likely terrible driving (again, judging from those inconsistent laps) and lack of setup skills...that really is what this is when all the bs is watered out. You'd have to be an idiot to base which 1/8 you choose from this article, honestly.
each car had a rep from each company come along with the car. when i look at a main lap times and everything i see inconsistant laps there too. i have driven 2 out of the 3 cars. is it a dead on article? doubt it but its a better thing to go off of than an internet opinion. i found what they said between both the losi and the mbx5r to be pretty accurate but at the same time i ALSO KNOW that it is driver dependant (not everyone will like the same car). the vast majority of racers arent adam drakes, cody kings or scott hughes level.

HOW WE TESTED
We did everything we could to make this three-car shootout as fair and even as possible for each car. First, we outfitted each buggy with the exact same running gear (see Test Gear for all the details). We then took the cars out, broke them in and had a company rep come out and spend a full day helping us tune each buggy in to the track as perfectly as possible. The reps who participated were Kris Moore, President and racer for Mugen Seiki USA; Paul and Cody King, A-Team sponsored drivers for Kyosho America; and Travis Amezcua, TQ of the 2006 ROAR 1/8 Buggy Nationals and multi-national champion for Team Losi.