R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Kevin K
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
This has been covered before.

The esc's on the list CAN'T be in any mode other than "standard". No need for tech, no need (or opportunity) to create hard feelings, etc.

The Tekin, by it's nature, is fully adjustable. A good thing for hard-core racing, but not "the thing" for what is being attempted here. Yes, a "spec" profile could be developed but the unfortunate thing is that doing so creates something to be policed. Yes, it would be great if everybody could play nice so there was never a need to ask someone to show you their blinky lights, etc, and in my general experience everybody pretty much DOES play by the rules. Unfortunately there are always those guys who think they got beat by a cheat, so the club is left with having to "challenge" someone who is probably 100% legal.

The advantage, and one I wholeheartedly support, is that spec'ing the non-adjustable esc's takes the question off the table period.

And "taking away freedom of choice" is a non-starter from the get-go. There are ALL kinds of classes where the racer is absolutely free to choose whatever equipment they want. Spec classes existed in one form or another for a LONG time. In this case even with the spec there are choices.
These two lines sum everything up in a simple way. If you fail to see the logic behind these rules you are never going to find it unless you get your way.

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
I just do not get this either. A hater for what reason? Support foreign OEM products and ban Tekin's designed and manufactured in America products in a US based vintage series. That is just wrong and like putting a Hyundi motor in your Camaro. It is your choice, but do not take the freedom of choice from everyone.

Please give me a real reason that we should specifically be banned from your series. We are all about grass roots racing and helping it continue to succeed. So give us a little insight here as to why we are the bad guys in your mind.

Tekin Prez
I can’t speak for Rob as he’s the leader of the USVTA but what I can say that’s he’s done a bunch of testing to get this all worked out and make everything fair and level for all. If Tekin wants to make an ESC that’s non computer adjustable and fits within the rules set forth then there would be no reason it wouldn’t be allowed to be use. The fact is the way the rules are structured the Tekin along with LRP and AE/BD and SP and NOVAK they all have ESC's that are not legal. Some do have ESC's that are legal as they fall within the rules. Its really that simple…..make an esc that fits these rules. But please don’t come in here saying you are taking away choices…..because like its been stated you still have your choice to run the class or not. The made in the USA statement…please really do you even need to go there.