R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:35 AM
axle182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shortbusallstar
whats up everyone, I just got my M05 together, i run on high traction carpet.

I want to know what tamiya tires would work best/.

and what do you put in the gear diff? I used 100k and the car pushes off power & spins the wheels if i slow down prior to the turn & power out

I know i am losing time & we have a cahs race this weekend & i want to win some $$$

Thanks guys/gals
My suggestion would be S grips all around. Big question, are you using traction compound?? If so, we glue the outside 1mm of the tread (or sometimes just off the tread but the car will start to lift on fast corners) and use a decent amount of traction compound. Cover the rear in compound. Also we run 300k plus oil in the gear, and we dont have a push problem.

Im guessing your running no compound, in that case, id try different tires front to back. A pair of M and S grips in your case would serve you well. Tire warmers might possibly work also. But if your allow traction compound, pour it on and keep your tires clean. Dont forget the glue or else you will flip on any quick corner. mine usually runs the fast turns on 2 or 3 wheels, but with a tight diff, i dont loose any time, but have wicked grip.