R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC 1/10 Pan Car
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Still Bill
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamCody
I have a tech question I can't seem to find well with searching.

I am looking at setting up a pair of CRC cars for IIC (13.5 WGT and a 1/12 scale) and have a question around the Long arm setup and what the advantage is:

Short vs Long? &
Short vs Long/short mount - (Long arm mounted in 'stock' short hole)
Hi Cody,

When compared to the regular length upper arms, the long arms have less camber change as the front suspension moves under load in a corner. This option is very helpful when running at a major race to avert traction rolling when the traction comes up. Most IIC tracks have ended up having a solid black line of rubber develop in the groove (driving line) through the turns.

I would start the IIC with the long arms from the very beginning of the week because you will be pretty much tuning for "high traction race conditions" within two days of the start of practice anyway.

At the IIC...please do seek out Brian Wynn (aka "Dumper"), Frank Calandra (himself), Dave Ehrlich and/or Brian Bodine (Mr. Slapmaster) of Team CRC to get the best setup information for the current track conditions. You cannot go wrong with them behind you...

And don't fret over traction rolling. This is usually resolved by using less camber in front. But, not any more than you have to take out. Sometimes the camber in the two sides of my car can end up being about 1/4-3/8 degree different because I tune for right and left turns independently of each other.

Show us your setup.

Cheers!

Bill