R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 04:16 PM
bradshawkyle
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30 Round 10 Results

Boom! Another great reace report, and only 2 more races left at the Hangar.....hope to see a bunch of you there as we wrap-up the season.

Well, Winter finally decided to show its ugly head....at the end of February. Like we needed any more confirmation of that. Looking forward to toy car racing is about the only thing one can do while socked in by Jack Frost and his merry band of degenerates, also known as rain, snow, and wind. With snow falling around the Puget Sound area, the numbers were a touch light, but those that showed up enjoyed bitchin' racing and solid heats on yet another great "Wednesday Night Worlds".

In novice, we were treated to a packed 6-car field, and a Euro-Trash...er.. Truck appearance by young Stuart Mason. Paul Nortness would take TQ honors, but Ken Christensen would take the top step of the podium. I think we can all agree that bringing Stuart's ego down a notch with a severe handicap was just as entertaining as the 4-wheel hopping action that Euro Truck produced.

Scale spec was a another relatively drama-free win for Mike Boyle, save for an epic body-tucking performed by Kyle Bradshaw and Jeff Johnson. Meanwhile, Chris Perry sent about earning a hard-fought 2nd place finish, having successfully completed "the toughest pass in all of Motorsport" as Todd put it. Bonus points to Chris for surviving to tell the tale. Kyle would round out the top three.

Stock Touring was the Cartwright and Mason show, with the rest of us common folk fighting over the final finishing spots. Stuart would sweep TQ and the win on the night, with Andrew 2nd and yours truly finishing 3rd. Yes, you heard that right. I actually finished the race this time. Hard to believe, I know. I was shocked too.

Stock 12th was dominated by the Mini Mason once again, with Brian Bodine slotted in second, and Todd qualifying third. The Main was more of the same, as Stuart would drive away with the win and continue his Wednesday night stranglehold on the class. Todd would get around Brian for second at the end, with Brian taking the final podium spot.

It's hard to believe we are only two Wednesday nights away from closing out the 2018/2019 indoor season! There's still two more chances to get your hacks in before we close out indoors at the Hangar, on the 7th and 21st of March, followed by the Emerald City Classic on the 24th & 25th. In the meantime, we are racing on "the smooth" this Saturday, so come on out. Get those screws tight and your setups dialed in, it's gonna be an epic end to another epic indoor season!

Results posted below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Round 1.pdf (681.4 KB, 82 views)
Round 2.pdf (685.4 KB, 79 views)
Mains.pdf (544.9 KB, 94 views)