R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 09:13 AM
bradshawkyle
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 3 Results

We are taking a different approach to this week's race report. this week's report is brought to you by Jesse Anderson from The Racer Underground. Be sure to let him know what to think!

Ah, the Hangar…..

The O.G. home for Seattle RC shenanigans never seems to disappoint. With the tight and fun layout being a bi-weekly constant, great battles in each class seem to come naturally, and last night was no exception. A few fresh faces coupled with the usual suspects made for 6 solid heats and full Mains. A crisp program from top to bottom meant “lights out” just past 10PM and a solid bench racing session at the Broiler.

Toy car racing and cheesy fries – Name a more iconic duo….. I’ll wait.

Scale Spec:
Scale Spec was quite simply “The Donny Show” in qualifying, with Mike Boyle sitting in second and Gary Lewis slotted in third for the Main. From the sound of the tone, we were instantly reminded why we run races and do not crown qualifying positions. Mike Boyle ran into trouble in a first corner pileup, and just as Donny seemed in clear control of the race, he too pulled off with mechanical problems. The unexpected race of attrition concluded with Gary Lewis driving a solid 5 minutes to the top step of the box, with Kyle Bradshaw in second, and Jeff Johnson taking third.

Novice:
Let me just say that having a novice class on a Wednesday night is a great sign for the club. Typically you would expect to see newer racers on a Saturday race, but we were once again treated to a trio of novices battling it out all night. The ageless wonder Gary Bennett would TQ the night’s qualifying, but it would be Paul Nortness taking the win in the Main, with Gary second, and Fritz taking third. Well done, boys!

Stock Touring:
Stock Touring has so far touted “Regional Race talent on a Wednesday night” for each round so far this season, which seems to be par for the course with this club. While Jake and Donny would trade un-humanly possible fast laps in qualifying, it would be Jake taking pole position, with Donny and Alvin slotted in second and third. The Main was nearly the same, as Jake would prove to be too much for the field, taking a clean sweep of the night’s activities. Donny would drive to a solid second place, with Stuart redeeming himself from a dismal qualifying effort to land on the podium.

Stock 12th:
This was the class of the night in my book. With Brian Bodine and Tim Copp separated by a mere 2 seconds in qualifying, the Main was shaping up to be a classic – and they didn’t disappoint. The 8-minute Main would see north of 5 lead changes, and a three-car freight train for the top spot for nearly 4 minutes. As the race wore on, Brian began to stretch his lead as Tim and Stuart fought heavily for the second spot on the podium. As the tone sounded, “The Prodigy” edged out The elder Copp by a paltry 1 tenth of second. I will say that for all the intense battles that the 12th A main had, everyone drove extremely clean and composed. It was a treat to watch!
We’re off for a couple weeks until the 15th of November, when we do it all over again at Hangar 30. We are truly getting into the meat of the schedule, and the meat of the cold dark depression that is Seattle Fall/Winter. I couldn’t think of a better place to waste a cold, dreary weeknight, so come on out and race the rug with the cool kids!

Thanks again, Jesse! Race Results are attached and more data available on RC Scoring Pro