R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 06:48 AM
IndyHobbies.com
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
I actually do like the driver -figure part, you have to get creative with how you mount them up. I have a set-up that is "quick release" and I can slap any shell on, I don't glue the driver to the body itself as some do. It's a cool part of the class to have the added realism.
I do too. Don't you guys who want to eliminate the driver rule ever look at your cars when you are not blasting around the track?

For me, one of the main reasons I wanted to run this class when I was introduced to it (Thanks Bob!) was because these are scale looking muscle cars with realistic tires and rims. I like the speed of the 17.5 TC and other classes, but the sweep type tires/wheels/bodies can make them look like toys from Fisher-Price.

Guess I'm old school, and proud of it, but if VTA is just another class to you where the only difference you see is motor turns and a different molded lexan clam shell, then you don't understand "The spirit of VTA" that most of us dig. If you look at the photos below, you will see driver "figures" inside each car. That's the look I think the founders of the class were going for.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	three20_zR7r_21.jpg
Views:	919
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1252965   Click image for larger version

Name:	iPhoneTemp 539.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	1252966   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3375.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	51.0 KB