R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 10:11 AM
cementsurfer86
Tech Master

Default H30 Race Report - 3/7/18

With Kyle vacationing, I've been asked to post the race report myself this week. Another great night of racing, a crisp program, and packed up for cheesy fries by 10:00. Now that's a "CASH-MONEY" program.

I think it's safe to say that we've FINALLY exited the doldrums of Winter. No longer are we heading to the track in the dark, and with the less than freezing temperatures greeting us, the not-so-ridiculous idea of asphalt RC racing starts to enter our minds. yet, even as we begin to transition towards the great outdoors, we were reminded once again why we still love Wednesday night club racing: Great people and great racing.

If I'm not so bold to say, I believe our Wednesday night program is a hidden gem in the realm of Northwest RC racing. Our little 3-roll Hangar show produces badass racing and a fun, laid-back atmosphere with just enough tomfoolery to keep things closer to "amateur-hour" than the average "passive-aggressive showdown" race day. It is club racing, after all.

Having said all that, we have some season championships coming down to the wire as we head into the final race in two weeks! While the younger Mason has went about destroying both the Stock TC and Stock 12th field, Scale Spec and Novice are still wide open and up for grabs.

*In Novice, Paul Nortness will carry a 3-point lead into the final round, but with a couple door-checks and pit maneuvers, the "ageless wonder" Gary Bennett, or Ken Christensen could snatch the title. Should make for a fun race!

*In Scale Spec, Mike Boyle is up by two points from Kyle Bradshaw. While Chris Perry has been eliminated from title-contention, he still has a shot at second, provided Kyle doesn't move up. With a little "life coaching", Kyle will be looking to put a race together and snatch the season cup. Time will tell!

*In Stock TC, we have a three-way scrap for the final two podium spots for the season. With Andrew sitting 3 points clear in second, Jake and myself are tied for third with the final round looming. Safe to say I'll be looking for some massive misfortune from my competitors.... coughcoughSABATOGEcough..

*Stock 12th is pretty much wrapped up as it sits, with Stuart 10 points clear of Brian, and the latter being 7 points clear of Todd. These three have been the "class" of 12th scale at H30, and it shows by their standings.

Results are posted though RC Scoring Pro, have a look and prepare for "Championship Wednesday" in two weeks! March 21st.
In the meantime, we have CC action this Saturday, and our all-club meeting next Wednesday night, March 14th at 7:00pm. Come on out and discuss the new changes!

Link to the results: RC Scoring Pro | Wednesday Club Race March 7th 2018 Results | Seattle RC Racers