R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MBX6T tire/wheel questions...
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 11:53 AM
CaptainHowdyt13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
If you want premounts with minimal hassle, the AKA city blocks, grid irons, and I-beams all come premounted on zero offset wheels. These are what I use on my MBX-6T. Thumbs up on the city blocks. The work on almost any surface. Quick question though, is what you are referring to as "polished concrete" as a result of rubber being laid onto the dirt? We call this blue groove. Any tire with a small pins will work on this, although they will get chewed up rather quickly. My suggestion of AKA premounts is simply because they are nearly perfectly balanced straight out of the package and should be virtually wobble-free.
Well, no, I know what blue groove is...what I'm referring to is more of a very tight packed track with not much loose dirt due to being blown off so much. It's almost like running on polished concrete. The only loose dirt on the track is really just outside of the race line. I think the city blocks are going to work best for me.

Should I get I-Beams in the front, and city blocks in the rear? What compound should I get?