R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-03
Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Timmie
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
The NSX was the RCGT choice out here. Now some of the fast guys have been running the HPI Toyota MR-S. When I was running for the "K" team I was using their Vauxhall Astra BTCC body (Think Chevy Cobalt) and it handled very well. Now that I'm with Tamiya i wanted to be brand loyal so I'm running the R35 Calsonic Super GT body and I love it but would like more "aero" steering.

Jimmy
Hmmm well Tamiya did have a really nice Toyota MR2 body # 50959 but it appears to have been discontinued. You probably can still find one though somewhere if you wanted to try one out and still be 100% Tamiya.

FYI.....I weighed my ARTA body, painted with a few stickers its 155.8 grams. Corvette C5R was 135.6. I know the NSX handles well and you can get a lightweight version too. Probably the reasons its so popular. I may have to go this route, because I need to lose a lot of weight. I read the Tamiya nationals rules closer, and GT2 cars can weigh 1400G. Dang! lol If you get the chance next time you race could you weigh or ask the owner how much the NSX body weighs? Thanks