R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 09-10-2008, 04:11 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

13.5 Brushless/LiPO
I tested the 13.5 LiPo today on the oval. My laps were about .2s faster. My wide pan, 3.5 or powered car is about .5 s faster. The 13.5 LiPo car was easy to control. Now the difference is, that there is considerable more excitement on the straight. You will have to roll on the throttle until mid straight instead of hammering it down near corner exit. You will be able to make a pass now on the straight from better throttle control instead of having to wait for the next corner. Now I will admit that not everyone will be faster with this class on the flat asphalt, so we will keep the 13.5/four cell class. Jeff, the shop manager, drove my car and enjoyed the extra power. He may rejoin us on the concrete.

I am truly exited about this faster class. We will see how it goes.

I was able to use the same gears, tires and overall setup as with the 4 cell car. I will have to add two ounces to meet the 6 cell specs as some guys may choose to run 6 cell NiMH. Those two extra cells weigh 5 ounces now, though, so the NiMH 6 cell car will end up at least a couple ounces overweight. It may have a slight advantage on the straight, but in my experience it will be a little slower in the corner than a 43 ounce car.

The fourcell GTB worked fine on LiPo 13.5 brushless. After a long 10 minute run the motor was 175 F with the same 3.07 inch/rev rollout. The GTB was at 137F. Things smelled a little hot, but I think it was the motor. Normally we don't need to run it a full 10 minutes.

Battle Axe coming, Orion LiPo 3800mA-h coming.
John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ROAR 1-10 oval rules001.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	369675