R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies TCXX
Thread: Hot Bodies TCXX
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 03:29 PM
FLAT OUT
Tech Regular

Default 1ST Run With the TCXX

Well today was the 1st race meeting with the TCXX, In practise and the 1st qualifier the cars front end was very aggresive, the back end of the car could'nt handle it and was very loose. I had started the day on the kit setup and kit springs. I tried hpi gold springs on the front which helped abit. Next I tried making the rear wheel base longer which again made it abit better but I still couldnt keep up with the front runners. For the final I tried Hpi blue spings on the rear and leaned the rear spings in one hole. For the last qualifier and the final I also ran new tyres (sorex 28 JB blue insert) which to be honest was the best thing I did all day. In the final I was able to keep up with the TQ man untill my bodyshell caught up and I dropped back a bit. I was fairly happy with the car for its 1st run but found the car way to aggresive for my liking. Also I dont like the idea of having to bolt on new rubber to sort the car out every other run. Im running 13.5 boosted on indoors on carpet at the moment. Im thinking of trying thicker rear geardiff oil maybe 2000 cst to try and sort the on power push. If any one has a good carpet setup I would be interested in seeing it.