R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LRP batterys.
Thread: LRP batterys.
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 09:47 AM
d16dcoe45
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have 3 LRP Big Mama 7200s. At first they seemed like a good cell-- good punch, nice build quality--very balanced when charging.

I would use a different pack each qualifier, balance charging at 8.0-8.5 amps, and never running them down below @7.8 v. After about 5 race days in 17.5 sedan ALL 3 packs puffed/swelled equally to the point where they would not sit flat and splitting of the case became a serious concern. That is when I retired them. 5 RACE DAYS for $345 of lipos! OUCH!

Frankly, the LRP cells are hella expensive for what you are getting--a listed 50 or 55c and 4mm plugs for $100-$120!! I had heard the horror stories about LRP cells being junk but I insisted on getting them because I wanted a "matching" factory looking setup--ESC, motor & cells, but since I don't get my stuff for free I realized that was a half-assed reason to run the cells.

I am sure there are people who have good luck with LRP/Nosram lipos, but I am not one of them and for the price they cost you can do WAY better IMO.