R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 10:41 AM
v_squared
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
I run sweep 40 in front and sweep 33 in rear with pink inserts. Traction compound sxt. I usually apply only 25% of front inner and fully on rear. Yesterday I ended up applying it fully on all four corners.

I know 60 sounds heavy. I got my set up from a racer that did very well on carpet and tarmac. I resisted going this heavy a long time. He kept insisting and I tried it. He recommended 70 in front and 60 in rear! I switched to 60 because the front was bouncy during the last race. The car is very stable with this set up, does not upset easily. Couple of times I went over the island and it continued to hold the line where as in the past I would spin out.

The car has plenty of traction front and rear, in fact I have to be very careful not to traction roll. That's why I was thinking of adding the stabiliser in the rear to keep it more level.
In that case try adding 1mm of hex spacer all around first. This should help with traction roll. If his setup calls for 70/60 and you went down to 60 in the front, it might be best to go down to 50 in the rear.