R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is it, what's it worth?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 09:44 PM
tom_chang79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That's the original RC10. The original "import fighter" as RC Car Action titled their article during their debut.

It's nostalgic value should be really high. It made the Tamiya Frog (which dominated the 1/10th electric 2wd buggy scene back then) suddenly look like a toy instead of being a hobby-grade machines we have today.

My opinion? Clean the darn thing!!!! Restore it and shelf it. Those short arms are hard to find. I have an old RC10, but it's a championship edition, with the longer arms. The shorter arms are original and it's very nostalgic... If you're too young to have any memories of it, you can probably find an old timer like me who find a lot of value in these and use that money to get yourself a modern vehicle. I would suggest the great great great grandson of that RC10, the RC10B4!!!

As cool the original RC10 is, you'd probably would enjoy the B4 more since you'll have plenty parts support (since parts WILL break, it's just a matter of when and how often) and also you have a humongous community of B4 owners out there that can help setup and maintain your vehicle...

Just curious, how can you not know what that is? Didn't you ask the previous owner of that vehicle what that is? Unless that item is uhmm I rather not say...