R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 01:18 PM
bradshawkyle
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30 2017/18 Season Wrap-Up

Another season of Hangar 30 racing is in the book, holy schnikeys! I can't say enough great things about our regulars and guests at Hangar 30, so let me just conclude this season by saying I'm grateful we have such a wide variety of programs (Nora, BC, Portland, and of course the Community Center) to choose from, and for the band of slightly demented brothers who make the pilgrimage to a bumpy WWII storage shed to thrash their toy cars. You guys rock.

Now, on to our final race report, courtesy of Jesse "Loctite" Anderson.

I've gone on and on all season long about the "fun factor" that Wednesday night racing at Hangar 30 provides. I've also gone on and on about how great it's been to have a legitimate novice class all season. What I haven't gone on about is the proverbial "bubble" that's created by our mid-week program. Many will say that On-Road is hurting, many will say that racers' attitudes are hurting, and many will say that cheating is an ever-present problem. While this may not have been our absolute stongest season in terms of car counts, I think I speak for most when I say that none of these rampant "problems" within the hobby exist on a Wednesday night. Our fastest wheelman galloping around with a rainbow fanny pack and a stuffed pony is evidence of that.

The laughs, smiles, and questionable conversations are to me, what is right with this hobby. While we all spend our hard-earned dollars and quality time preparing our cars to race, and while competition is/always will be the name of the game, the refreshing atmosphere of a club race is a welcome distraction from the negatives that this hobby/sport can provide at times. I'd like to personally thank everyone at Seattle RC Racers for continuing to provide the Wednesday program for all to enjoy, as well as all of our racers that made their way out to the track this year. Racing to me is fun again because of it.

Sappy sentiment aside, we had class champs to crown!

While Stuart went about destroying the Stock classes, there were podiums in both to be decided, as well as a Scale Spec title coming down to the last Main of the season. Kyle Bradshaw disposed of all our tomfoolery and was able to put a drive together to snatch the season crown from the #lyfecoach himself, Mr. Mike Boyle. Paul Nortness would take the Novice crown for the season, and will undoubtedly be moving up full time to Scale Spec for next year. He's ready, and has shown huge gains all season. Congrats to him, as well as all Novice drivers who made it out all season long. YOU are the ones who inevitably keep this hobby alive for us!

Congrats again to all the champions/podium finishers for the 2017/2018 H30 season!

Novice: 1st: Paul Nortness 2nd: Ken Christensen 3rd: Gary Bennett Scale Spec: 1st: Kyle Bradshaw 2nd: Mike Boyle 3rd: Chris Perry Stock TC: 1st: Stuart Mason 2nd: Andrew Cartwright 3rd: Jesse Anderson Stock 1/12th: 1st: Stuart Mason 2nd: Brian Bodine 3rd: Todd Mason

Full results are available as always, as rcscoringpro.com and attached below.

We have one more rip on the rug this weekend with the Emerald City Classic starting tomorrow night! Come on out and get your final fuzz-fix of the season before we head outdoors! It's been a hoot fellas, thanks for making this an epic carpet season.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Round 1.pdf (901.6 KB, 78 views)
Round 2.pdf (905.0 KB, 83 views)
Mains.pdf (896.6 KB, 109 views)