R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best rubber tire
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 06:11 AM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quantum
i guess i can understand why you would make that choice...i hope you can understand why a racer like myself would be disappointed with that choice.

especially when they were almost traction rolling last year at iic with the CS27 (is more traction really whats needed?)

on another note, thanks for all this great tire info! i think its a first from anyone!
This may sound a little crazy but sometimes stickier tires make you car traction roll less. If the tires slide then grip you can traction roll. If a stickier tire grips consistently and doesn't slide you will traction roll less.

Everyone we talked to after the IIC was complaining of a lack of traction in the rubber class. Not enough forward bite to put the power down and not enough side bite to throw the car hard into the corners. Some said it was like driving drift cars...lol!

Paul Wynn finished 5th in the Mod Rubber A-Main. He was running a one way, 17 lb front springs and 14 lb rear springs, 1.2mm sway bars, and 40wt oil front and rear with quite a bit of droop on his Schumacher Mi2 and he was nowhere near traction rolling.

This is basically an asphalt setup with a one way added. May guys new to rubber carpet racing were running harder springs thinking that they were necessary for rubber carpet. That is not at all true and often causes traction rolling. No driver in the Mod A-Main ran a spring stiffer than 19lb and some were running 12.9lb springs front an rear.

I don't mean to knock you our your car but if you were traction rolling your setup was way off.