R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Proposed R.O.A.R. rules change
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Racecrafter
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I've spent a few hours reading and catching up on this thread.

Here is what my thoughts are as a 30 year veteran in this hobby/sport, ROAR member for 25 years, and now ROAR's Region 12 Director;

Most of you are complaining about something that doesn't affect you as non-ROAR members. Why?

If you were a member you would have a voice.

Tekin and all other manufacturers will be just fine. They aren't going anywhere because ROAR mandates a rule. They all will now have another product to sell (more than likely the exact same unit as they already make only ROAR legal)

Some of you have good constructive criticism like "using 17.5 boosted as a middle class" thats thinking in the right direction. "A lock out mode software" is also another great idea.

What ROAR is doing is bringing the speed and learning curve back to reality. Think to yourself.... "If I were getting into this hobby as a racer and was told I need a laptop as part of my pit gear to be competitive" would you want to incur that expense? and then try to learn how to program everything when you don't know squat about motors or ESC's in the first place?

This IS about the big picture. It's about the "new blood" and keeping racing appealing, affordable and competitors at the track in the years to come.