R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 09:47 AM
bradshawkyle
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Our last race report of 2017, again courtesy of Jesse from The Racer Underground. 42 entries this week ties for the all-time record for a Wednesday night, thanks to everyone who came out!

Well, that was a barn burner eh?

What better way to work off a year's worth of Christmas cookies and holiday-hangover than a full-tilt fiesta at our favorite old airplane hangar? What's typically our busiest night of the year lived up to our lofty expectations will full fields and talent depth that would embarrass most clubs in the country. Track records were broken, doors were rubbed and tomfoolery ensued. Saturdays may be for the serious, but Wednesdays are built for fun. On to the results!

NOVICE:

Two. Full. Heats. Excuse my language, but holy shit....

This is what racing toy cars is all about. New racers experiencing the fun of RC and enjoying a night out with family and friends. Just seeing a full driver's stand of novice racers gave me a brief feeling that we are going to be in good hands for the future. While we can always do better to keep new blood pumping into the program, it was truly a sight to see. Team Lence was in full force, creating enough racers for an ultra-rare Novice B-Main. It's been the Paul Nortness show all season, and while he would've loved to close out his Novice career with a TQ and win, it was not meant to be, as Ken Christensen would drive a clean set of qualifiers and a drama-free main to his first win of the season. Paul would take a hard-earned second after a rough start, and McKenna Lence would take the final podium spot with a fine drive to third. Congrats to all that made it out, and we hope you'll come mix it up with us soon!

SCALE SPEC:

Based on recent rounds, Wednesday's Scale Spec brouhaha was a fairly mellow affair. Chris Perry and Kyle Bradshaw would put up a valiant fight, but the TQ would once again go to Mike Boyle. The Main was more of the same, with Mike cruising to the win, with Chris in second and Kyle rounding out the podium. I will say that Scale Spec has cleaned up it's act quite a bit over the early rounds of the season. Much cleaner racing from everyone, and while Mike's race was fairly drama-free, the rest of the field seems to be creeping up on "The Mechanic". Time will tell if we will see a new challenger for the SS crown, or will Donny just get tired of reading this and take care of things himself? Stay tuned....

STOCK TOURING:

Who needs to travel to the ROAR carpet regionals, when you can just race at the Hangar on a Wednesday night? I mean, damn....

Another stacked field of talent for a club night with the likes of Danilchik, Mason, Shook, Sisley, Malkinson, Pate and others. None of this seemed to phase the fanny pack-wearing, flair button-flaunting legend that is Andrew Cartwright. Another TQ, another win in the books for the rainbow warrior. Jake Danilchik was not about to make things easy, and had a great run to second, while Brian Shook would join us for his first Wednesday race of the season and take a well-deserved third. In small block 21.5 news, I was SOMEHOW able to transfer to the A-Main in 7th against this completely unfair but equally bad ass gauntlet of touring car talent. Just to do that was alone worth the price of admission.

Even with the regional-level talent on a weekly-basis Andrew has a full-on stranglehold on Stock right now. Still though, with a field this deep, it's bound to be short-lived, or is it?

STOCK 12TH SCALE:

I'm just going to put this out there now: I'll be racing 12th Scale next year. 8 minutes of tight side pod-to-side pod action on a dialed track with great racers? I'm sold.

Our resident "ludicrous-speed" mod god Korey Harbke was coerced to come out form some mid-week fun, and didn't disappoint. Adding weekly challengers Brian Bodine and Stuart Mason to the mix, and the night shaped up to be a classic. Korey would take pole, but after a first-lap tangle with Stuart, Brian was able to get a clean break to the nose, and would keep it there for the remainder of the Main. "Sushi" and "Mini" would work their way through the field for a hard-earned 2nd and 3rd, respectfully. While this wasn't the cleanest night of 12th scale, it is entertaining, nonetheless. As with Stock Touring, trying to find a more stout field of Stock 12th talent on a Wednesday club night might be an exercise in futility.

The final club race of 2017 was epic for all the right reasons. Just a walk through the pit area talking with everyone and catching up was reason enough to skip out of work early. The racing wasn't too bad either, I suppose. On behalf of the club, I'd like to thank all those that make these races happen, and the racers that participate week in and week out. Without any of you, we wouldn't have the best club in the Northwest, or a club at all for that matter. We are back on January 10th for some more fun on the rug, so mark your calendars.

Happy New Year's everyone, let's have a dialed 2018!

-JRoy

Results are posted below, please note there is an issue with the RC Scoring Pro website which is preventing our results form being posted online. Doug is working on it and w3ill post them as soon as they get it resolved.

Happy new Year!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Round 1.pdf (929.5 KB, 57 views)
Round 2.pdf (935.9 KB, 68 views)
Mains.pdf (903.3 KB, 85 views)