R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EP4600's
Thread: EP4600's
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 12:04 PM
EddieO
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Dear Noob........

While we don't match our own packs.........I have no contract with SMC of any type.....I can leave at a whim or stay as long as they want me.....

As for EPs........I have gotten many samples of the packs, directly from EP, the slingshot guy, and a couple more who tried to convince me the cell was
the next great thing........we ran them........decent pack, but from a racing stand point, we felt they were softer than the IBs......I can at this very moment call and get the cells if I wanted..........problem is I don't.

And really how do you know the quality? Oh, cause Brad tells ya? Cause you certainly are not matching the packs........matching the packs is simply determining the zap voltage, cycles, etc......we have done it before......I found it cheaper and faster to outsource it to Fusion.......then moved to SMC when Fusion could not meet my requirements.......I was sent samples of the IB cell......and it blew away the GP, so we made the switch......

Quality is determined not at the matcher, but on the track......hence why you see people raving or complaining about the cells........we have ran plenty of packs of IB to know the quality issues, along with how much power they put out........we did a lot of testing with the EP4200 and found they were a much softer cell.........durable yes, but we are not into selling durablity, we are into selling speed.......

And again, I have not said the EP was crap........I simply said I don't think from a pure speed standpoint, they are there yet.......though I have not go my own 4600 samples yet.....but from the packs I have seen, they still seem to run softer.....durable though.....

And while our deal for batteries is with SMC........I deal with trinity on a consistent basis (you know, those little motors we sell)......and they have plugged my ear with stuff regarding the EP cell.......

My company was founded on one goal........WINNING.........plain and simple. I use what wins.......no loyalties. Everyone we deal with is told that straight up.....EP, IB, IP, lipo........don't care, if its gonna win snowbirds, then we will be running it......

End result, I am not stuck with anything..........I carry what I want.....and what I want is the stuff that wins the big race.....thats the stuff our customers come to us to buy, they want the same pack Toso used to TQ vegas (IB in case you forgot).....they want the same 7x1 he used to blister the track with his TQ run.......thats what we sell......

EPs have won 2 classes at one race.......one with a sandbaggin pro driver who should of been running mod rubber.......I guess we all forget that IB won everything else......

So in the future, before you go off second hand info regarding my companies contract obligations, you may want to check your sources.......

Later EddieO