Thread: On-Road classes
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Pauly6401
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aERonAUtical96
Thanks for the info.

Pauley, I had also heard about the guy at Hobbytown and how someone was trying to convince him to startup racing again locally. I also saw both spacecoast hobbies website about the track in Palm Bay and an article in FT.com about the track.

I'm not sure I'm ready to race anytime soon as I'm returning to the hobby from some layoff also. Trying to build equipment up, specifically, battery packs and charger.

I would be interested in possibly riding over one day to watch. Let me know a day in which you might be heading over and we can see if we can connect to ride over together.
It will probably be the race in June, as long as I am not gone for work. If you want to get together before that sometime to go over your car setup, that could work too. RC is never as much fun by yourself, I've found!

I'd recommend http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com for some good packs (you can get them custom-made with any connector, cell, etc). I got two 4000 mAh packs from them that work great. I picked up a Team Checkpoint TC1030 charger that is nice too, but you need a 12V power supply if you are planning on using it with wall power. I have heard some people having issues with the pulsed 10A and 30A discharge feature (it fries the FETS), but other than that it's worked great for me.

What kind/brand of car did you get?