R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Competitive 4wd SCT
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 07:33 AM
billdelong
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Darkstorm05
I really like my Losi buggies but adding the 3.0 with all those mixed measurement bolts is a bit of a hassle. I thought the SCTE 3.0 would be close to the B4.0 in nature and be all metric. On the other hand I see a lot of people saying that the SCT410.3 is a major pain to get to a working base setup, and requires a lot of upgrade parts out of the box. Is that true, or is easier than some make it out to be?
For the dirt track in my area I have found the EB48 front springs to work well for me to get the truck to jump properly, many folks have had nose dive issues due to using kit springs, really a shame they haven't addressed this. With the EB48 front springs on the rear of my truck, it flies like a champ! Only other upgrade necessary is aluminum A block which used to come standard with the .1 kit and the .3 kit comes with plastic blocks all around. I have helped setup a handful of .3's in my area and they are fantastic trucks to drive, only reason I haven't upgraded my .1 to a .3 is because the class died out in my area