R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 08:23 PM
PutAwayWet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 30Sep2017 Race Report

I could describe the start to this, our ninth season of racing at Magnuson Park, as low-key, but I guess it speaks to the level at which we are used to running that 40 entries and solid heats in all classes is anything other than a solid outing. We were fortunate to have some out of town talent, specifically Darren Shank from the Tri-Cities, and Alex Pate and Edmund Lee from British Columbia, to make up for a number of our own who were MIA preparing for or traveling to Las Vegas for the IIC. Andrew gets a tip of the hat for coming for two rounds before dashing off to pack, and Korey was kind to deliver our touring spec tires when he still had packing to do before his flight this morning.

Having finally gotten on track, I am pleased to report that our touring car and Stock 1/12th spec tire situation this season is looking good. In Stock and Mod TC, we are racing on Jaco Blues, for which the club has fronted an inventory and is selling for the racer-friendly price of $25 per set. They hooked up immediately on our excellent ozite gray rug and first impressions are that they are durable, easy to prep, and spinning true. Our JFT stripe 1/12th tires were also a hit. They bolt on and hook up. At $20 for a full set, I think our racers will enjoy the benefits. Again, the club has purchased a supply up front and will be selling full sets for $20, the best deal on 1/12th spec tires you'll find.

A reminder that the only sauce on our track is SXT 3.0. There are three versions: “lite”, standard, and “max.” We don't care which you choose, as the only difference is relative concentration. If anyone thinks there is an advantage, then by all means, wear yourself out trying to game it. So long as it's SXT 3.0, you're good to go.

Scale Spec: Gary Lewis crushed it while Justin and Kerry had a good race for the runner-up.

Stock 1/12th: Kelsey, Clifton, and Jeff fought for the 2-3-4 spots in a classic 1/12th scale duel.

Modified TC: Jake was the boss, Panos was solo in the2-spot, and Stuart and Alex battled for 3rd.

Formula 1: Relatively uneventful domination by Russ.

Stock TC: Darren was steady tone to tone while Sam and Donny had a brilliant battle for the 2-spot, the best race of the night.

Modified 1/12th: Stuart was on rails.

We're refreshing the Hangar 30 track this Wednesday. We get to work at 2pm, expect to be done by 5, and the standard race program will fire off the mid-week season that evening. Join us to help in the afternoon if you're able, but by all means join us for the racing in the evening.

We have points cups to hand out for last season's Saturday series. The cups are on hand, and we will hand those out next race. With so many of our regulars off to Vegas, I decided to punt to the next race.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Q1_30Sep2017.pdf (264.5 KB, 95 views)
Q2_30Sep2017.pdf (264.4 KB, 67 views)
Mains_30Sep2017.pdf (229.4 KB, 152 views)