R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Ta06
Thread: Tamiya Ta06
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 06:20 AM
silverhkswrx
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNIPR
I concur, but w/ the exception it is a VBC Racing Kit - Only CRC (Calandra Racing Concepts) is the USA distributor... I too hope Mike (of Exotek as I too really like his products and his pricing seemed really fair) takes note on what we posted and makes adjustments to better fit in w/ the price point. I think I am really leaning towards a Mi4LP or Mi4cx as it is $309 @ A Main Hobbies minus $25 coupon code and thats $285!!! I have this month to make up my mind, this one is tuff...
I've stated my opinion (in regards to price. $140 is too high. that would be more competitive if that price included the IFS parts and shipping within 48 states) but your comment in regards in price comparison is accurate. a TA06 is ~$300. this conversion is 140. $440 for a chassis that is still much heavier than most of the competiton isnt very logical.

RCGT isnt as popular as TC, and there isnt too much scrutiny on the rules. There are definately people running incredibly light chassis and expect that stock ta06's to keep up. the carbon conversions will help in making it more competitve. but the question still remains, is it worth $450 to build a car that MIGHT keep up with already proven(and cheaper) winners?