R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T3 2011
Thread: Xray T3 2011
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 06:32 AM
Meradin
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Shoot! Looks like I wont be able to race tonight so I wont be testing out my settings this week. You guys get a week off from my pestering!

Just Kidding! Morgoth, I use a setup board that has the tweak station built in. It is an Integy one. I find it a little difficult to use as you can see the bubble when the car is on the board. Kinda a silly design in my opionion. What I have been doing is measuring the gaps on the sides of the arm and the board to take care of the tweak.

I was very surprised to see how much tweak my car had! Everything balanced well on my balance buttons but once I put it on the tweak station there were huge differences. Bottom line, even if the car balances right to left, it can still be outta tweak. Check it. A mentor at my track checks his tweak after every race as there is a lot of contact on our small track.

Speaking of balance...how are you guys balancing your cars front to rear. Not the actual how as I have scales and know "how" to do it, but what percentages are you using? More front bias, rear bias, even front to rear?