R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - the new x from traxxas
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Zebra Cakez
Tech Rookie

I dont get what market this is aimed at. None of your typical traxxas customers will be able to control it, let alone afford it. Its a cool car, but I can't help but picture what it will look like after Johnny Everyday puts it nose-first into the curb at 85mph.

I can't help but feel that this could potentially do more harm then good to the hobby. This is NOT a good rc to get started in the hobby with for various reasons, but being a Traxxas it will inevitably be marketed to newbies. I could see this being a VERY frustrating expeirence filled with loose/missing screws, damaged private property, and smashed Traxxas plastic.

I personally feel that the nitro 4-tec was already bordering on stupid fast for an entry-level kit, this is just rediciulous. The 100mph mark is not for inexperienced drivers, period.

I absolutly HATE the controller/i-phone deal. Overly complicated parlor trick IMO.

I absolutly LOVE the body. I dont know about whats underneath, but that body looks fantastic.

Imagine if Traxxas had released this as an un-assembled kit with no radio. Then it would be aimed at the right customers (more experienced modelers), and it would have completly changed my opinions of Traxxas as a company and what they are capable of.