R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 06:58 PM
crazy_azz_mat
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Darkseid
Well, I plan on getting all of those pretty close to the same time. My local hobbyshop has the lightweight chassis in stock already and its only $60 there, so its not that big a hit as getting it from most places. Besides, I love the way it looks! They also have the lightweight shafts there which I'll pick up at the same time as the chassis. I'll order the lightweight 2-speed while I'm in there. They can match Tower's price no it, but save me the shipping cost.

I'm already clear on what hop ups I want, I just needed the where. And crazy_azz_mat hooked me up with some excellent locations for that. So I'm all set.

Anything that my local shop can't get, I'll get online.
the only thing i dont like about the lightweight 2 speed is that it doesnt use the stock pinions and spurs...and since i have already bought every single one availble its gonna get expensive to do the same with the lightweight one...and if i just buy the lightweight version then im stuck with all these pinions and spurs that i cant use........ c my delema and that 2speed helps with lowering weight alot....

If anyone is interested in a full set of BRAND NEW pinions and spurs i am willing to sell them....

also the lightweight chassis looks wicked awesome....to bad i blew all my cash on the towers, 2speed shafts and hudy setup system.......ahh well....

Darkseid - if u find the lightweight upper deck and lightweight reciever case tell me....ive been lookin for that thing for who knows how long...

AMGRacer - i wouldnt suggest the rubber tires.....only bc HPI discourages the use of rubbers on the chassis bc it was only tested on foams so you may not like what you see.......