R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Have I broke my engine on break in?!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 09:59 AM
paulh617
Tech Rookie

Angry Have I broke my engine on break in?!

Hi guys just a slight concern, i finished building my Acme Condor buggy yesterday. Im new to nitro but have swatted up on breaking in the engines for the first time and know how important it is that this must be done properly. Despite this i had a slight issue. I started my engine, got it idling nicely (I had to blow gently through the back pressure pipe to keep fuel going into the carb for a bit) anyway was idling for 3/4 of a tank, the wheels were free to spin as it was off the ground. Then all of a sudden the plastic flywheel which the engine turns to move the drive shafts was stripped of 4 teeth, obviously this created a section for the flywheel on the engine to run freely. the engine revved its absolute nuttts off and cut out. I know this is bad during break in but i couldent do anything to stop it!!!! i was just wondering the chances that the engine is ok? i have no way of testing it until i install a new flywheel. Also how much grease should i put in my diffs? i put quite a bit in but they seem stiff. i stripped them and WD40'd them, put them back together and was told this was bad as this actually strips grease!? must i do it again and regrease?!?!? arrrrgh