R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by olly986
Rick I have a question, did you or any other team drivers tried the new diff gear with only 2 satellite gears instead of 4, as used in the Serpent 411?

If so can you tell us what was the result?

I am a little surprise that only 2 are used in their car.(apparently for weight purpose)

Regards,
I have not tried this. When gear diffs were first introduced there were some concerns with their weight. If I remember correctly they were introduced by Serpent at a time when the minimum weight was hard to achieve. So making them as light as possible made sense.

Now even with two gear diffs (one filled with putty) the minimum weight is easy to achieve and the additional rotating mass of these diffs does not seem to be a problem.

Originally Posted by Geberit
What's up with Juho's set-up from ATS?
It will be posted today hopefully.

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
I'm interested in Hebert's setup from the indoor champs. Just watched him through a couple rounds of qualifying and that car is dialed.
I'll post it as soon as I receive it. My guess is tomorrow.

Originally Posted by rcguy48
hi guys. How do you guys like the tc6. Do you think it will be better to get an xray or to just get a tc6. I have a tc5r now and i want to get a new tc.
I think the TC6 is a better value.

Originally Posted by ScottyTC4NZ
Hi Guys

Ran my TC6 today, First raceday out with it.

Very nice to run, a wee bit tailey coming out of the corners

Any fix for that?

basicly running stock setup
You can try slightly more toe-in. And make sure the slipper spool is TIGHT. Depending on the class you are racing, you can tone down the motor so that it does not spin the tires as easily.