R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Darkseid
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think I'm going to be sticking with my R40 for next year(believe me, for me to keep a car for two seasons is a big deal ), so I'm going to start putting on some hop ups for it just for fun. I'll probably bring it 'nearly' up to the 2004 Edition spec.

Only things I'm not interested in getting are the alum. shocks, graphite arms and the front one-way. I'm pretty much open to everything else. Oh, and I already up graded to the graphite towers(f/r) and bearing stearing when I first got the car.

So, wheres the best place to get official HPI hop-ups as well as stuff from the aftermarket people like 3-Racing, Kawahara, and/or anyone else who makes nice hop ups that don't add weight.

I can get the lightweight chassis, light weight shafts, and lightweight 2-speed from my local shop, I would particularly like to know where to buy HPI's lightweight upper deck. I haven't seen them mention it as one of the items availible here in the states or I would just order it from the local hobby shop like the other stuff. That and the lightweight chassis are first on my list.