R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T3 2011
Thread: Xray T3 2011
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 06:11 AM
Mb3195
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mera'din
So tonight I went back to the rubber tire setup and the car handled pretty good. It was more stable in the straights, could really power on after the sweeper turns.

The trouble is the "S" turns. Right away the car was a little pushy thought them and I had to use break or really scub some speed to navigate them.

Keep in mind I am not as smooth and good at drive fast as most, but I am learning and getting better. A veteran ran my car and he thought it was dialed.

Anyways, the car would push pretty bad in the long sweep turn at the end of the straight and into the "S" turns.

Fir the 2nd race I ran more compound up front and loosened the diff. It didn't help much. For the mains I switched to the narrow front hexes as a quick fix and went to 2.5 degrees camber up front.

I used the rubber tire setup from the xray site below. I have am even weight distribution front to back on my car. I reset my car after the races as i didn;t like they way it handled. Anyways, I am back to this setup and need some advice how to glue the car to the track.
If a veteran ran your car and said it was dialled, I'd suggest leave the car alone and get practising! It's easy to keep fiddling to try and get the perfect setup, but 90% of the time, the car will always go quicker if driven correctly.